Chapter 41 - The final showdown

Start from the beginning

Tari: What if it's our friends but controlled by the monster? We need to be careful not to hurt them!

Smg3: Please don't remind me of the ice crystal people-

Tari looks at Smg3 confused.

Tari: What are ice crystal people?

Smg3: Never mind that now gamer girl, we need to fight for our lives!

Smg4: Three is right, let's focus on our plan and defeat the monster for good!

Smg4 watches Bowser's airships and dead memes attacking Peach and the black goo for distraction. He feels so nervous as he overthinks about the plan.

Smg4's mind: What if it backfired? What if we actually lose this battle? What if one of my friends gets injured badly or even worse....seeing Smg3 get killed....

Meggy: Yeah I will explain later but you could be right, we should try to distract them away from Peach while the boys get their meme powers ready. If Peach is defeated, it should free them!

Mario: ooOh Mario can make a distraction!

Mario picks up a rock and throws it at Luigi, hitting him in the face. He runs away while Luigi chases him.

Meggy: Mario, we're supposed to try not to hurt them...

She sighs and then looks over at Tari.

Meggy: Alright let's lead them away from Peach!

She starts to run towards her possessed friends. Tari follows Meggy along while Smg3 notices Smg4's overthinking look and goes in front of him and places his hands on his arms gently.

Smg3: I know you are overthinking baby blue but we should start using our power to create the giant fusion to destroy the monster. Is there something you want to tell me before we start?

Smg4 looks at him with small tears in his eyes with fear as he brings Smg3 closer to him and holds him.

Smg4: All I want to say is...-

Smg4 kisses Smg3's lips while holding on for his dear life as Smg3 kisses back and does the same thing. They stay like this for a minute until they pull apart as Smg4 smiles at his lover.

Smg4: I love you my tsundere idiot~

Smg3 blushes a bit and smiles back with a chuckle.

Smg3: I love you too you idiot fool~

They stare into each other's eyes with nods and determined looks. They both face Peach while holding hands as they use their meme power fusion above their heads with dead memes surrounding them. They're both focusing really hard while waiting for their friends to be safe and sound. Mario is still running away from Luigi and starts to shoot ink at his brother, causing to blind him. Luigi trips on some rocks and falls on the ground. Mario stops running and laughs at Luigi.

Mario: Mario is having so much fun being a distraction! Mario should distract another one of Mario's friend's!

Mario looks at the others then sees Boopkins and smiles smugly. He picks up another rock and throws at Boopkins but misses and hits Saiko in the back instead. She looks at Mario angrily and runs at him with her hammer out. Mario sees her coming then sees that Luigi is back up wiping the ink off his face.

Mario: oOOooh Mario is so dead!

Mario runs away from them screaming until he sees Marty standing in front of him.

Mario: Oh hello Marty! Have you come to save Mario?

Marty just stands there unmoving. Mario starts to panic.