Chapter 5 - Rescuing the ''princess''?

She runs down in the direction she heard the dragon. She stops when she reaches a big open room with a large hole in the wall that leads outside. Outside of the hole, the dragon stands then looks over at Meggy and screams at her. She pulls out her splattershot gun ready to fight.

Meanwhile with Smg3, he continues to climb the stairs while listening to the princess' cries. Somehow the voice sounds familiar to him but he proceeds to keep going. He killed anything that was in his way.

Smg3: Those stairs will be the death of me.

He stops to catch his breath as he sits down on the wooden stairs for a short break.

Back to Meggy, she continues to fight the dragon. She runs around the room and shoots ink at the dragon and dodges fireballs that the dragon shoots at her. She takes cover behind a pillar.

Meggy: Is that all you got you overgrown lizard?!

She throws a splat bomb at the dragon's face. It explodes and blinding the dragon. The dragon jumps in shock and hits his head on the castle wall, crashing the castle to shake and parts of it to break off. The dragon screams loudly in anger. Smg3 feels vibrating at the top of the castle as he tries to hold on to something while the castle shakes violently.

Smg3: Come on Meggy! I'm counting on you but please don't destroy the castle while I'm here!

He sees the front door close by him.

Smg3: Finally! I'm coming to rescue you!

Seeing the castle break apart a bit, she realizes fighting it in the castle is not safe.

Meggy's mind: Ok Meggy, let's not destroy the castle while we're still in it. I need to lead it away from the castle.

She saw some long rope and took it. She runs out of the hole then jumps up on top of the still blinded dragon and throws the rope round its mouth to tie it shut. She pulls on the rope causing it to stumble backwards away from the castle.

He reaches for the front door and opens it with no hesitation. He looks around for any sign of human beings until he sees someone in a white dress and a blue cap? The princess jumps a bit and turns around to look at their rescuer. They both look at each other and say the same thing:

You have got to be kidding me!?!

Smg3 doesn't let him speak as he takes his hand and leaves the room quickly.

Smg3: Smg4! Why the hell are you here!? I have so many questions to ask you but let's get out of here first!!

With Meggy still on the dragon, the beast spreads its wings and starts to fly towards the castle. Meggy uses the rope to guide the dragon away from the castle but its wing clips the side of it causing it to shake and break some more. She was barely able to catch herself as the collision nearly shook her off. She continues to try to control the blinded flying dragon.

Meggy's mind : I hope Smg3 is almost done getting the princess out of there-

The castle rumbles violently as Smg3 has an idea to speed things up. Without thinking and ignoring Smg4's pout, he picks him up in bridal style and runs downstairs. Smg4 notices the situation as he tries to calm down and holds Smg3 tightly while wrapping his arms around his shoulders.

Smg3: Better hold on tight! We're gonna get out of here in no time!

Smg3's mind : Please Meggy, I hope you slay the dragon safely!

Meggy is still trying to control the dragon which is now high in the sky. She keeps guiding the dragon away from the castle.

Meggy: Ok,I need to end this soon before the castle gets destroyed.

She looks around and sees a tall pillar. She thinks for a minute and then has an idea. She guides the dragon down to the pillar and lets it crash head first into it. She jumps off it at the last moment and safely lands on the ground. The pillar fell towards the dragon and landed on it. The area around her gets covered in a big dust cloud from the crash. Smg3 hears loud noises while running and holds Smg4. As he gets out, he sees only dust clouds while closing his eyes and stops. Smg4 was covering his eyes from the dust as they heard the dragon screaming and tried to escape from the pillar on them.

Smg3: Meggy!? Where are you!? We both can't see over those damn dust!

Meggy comes running out of the dust coughing.

Meggy: I'm here! Did you find the princess? We need to get out of here! I got the dragon stuck under a pillar and I'm not sure how long it will stay there!

Smg3 opens his eyes and sees Meggy.

Smg3: Yup. Find the ugliest princess right here.

He shows Meggy the "princess" until suddenly, the dragon cracks open the pillar. The dragon looks pissed off. Smg4 uncovers his eyes and sees the dragon with ultimate fears.

Meggy: That's great! Let's...

She looks at the "princess" and realizes that it's Smg4.

Meggy: Wait, is that Smg4? How? You know what, we don't have time for that right now!

She hears the dragon escape from the pillar.

Meggy: That didn't last long. Alright guys, are you ready to finish this?!

Smg4 looks terrific as he buries his face on Smg3's shoulder. Smg3 looks determined.

Smg3: I'm ready whenever you are.

He smiles with a cocky smirk as he's ready to run for it.

Meggy: Alright then, let's go!

They start to run for it back towards the cave.

Meggy: If we can get back to the cave, we should be able to lose the dragon!

Smg3 runs like there's no tomorrow while dodging anything in his way and making sure Smg4 is okay. While running, they both see the familiar cave as they enter it. The dragon follows them and starts spitting fireballs.

Smg3: We need a plan to get rid of the dragon! Otherwise we're toast!

Meggy: Yeah! Do you think the dragon could fit in the cave? We could try to get it stuck in there!

Smg3: Let's find out if that plan works!

He sees the dragon's head enter the cave and ready to roast them with their fire breath. The gang gets out of the cave quickly and continues running until they arrive home. As Meggy follows them out of the cave, she throws as many splat bombs into the cave and causes an explosion and cave in. She's catching her breath as they make it home.

Meggy: Well we made it home! That was fun! Hopefully the dragon is dealt with.

Smg3 pants heavily as he forgets he carried Smg4. As soon as he's about to let him go, Smg4 hugs him tightly and thanks him many times. Smg3 blushes a bit and hugs him back. He looks at Meggy and gives her a smile of success.

Smg3: Well we didn't find treasure but we discovered a new place to visit and saved Smg4.

Meggy: We might have to go back some time now that there's no dragon and explore!

She looks at Smg4 confused.

Meggy: How did you end up in that castle Smg4?