Chapter 4

Caelan's POV~

I calmly walk to Kourtney's front door. The closer I get, the louder he gets since I'm closer to him.

I quickly open the door and step out. I put my thumb on the security print so it automatically locks. As my fingerprint is not in the system.

"What the fuck are you doing here!? Where is that bitch!?" He seethes trying to push me out of the way of the door.

"Scott, back off." I say calmly. "Back off! Back off! You would love that, wouldn't you!?" He shouts.

" You freak you! You're probably filling her head with nonsense! That's why she left me!" He throws the liquor bottle.

It shatters against my car. "Scott. Kourtney is inside on the phone with the police right now. Not only are you going to go down for all this but also for being drunk." I state.

"Don't make it any worse. Sit down and cool off." I try and reason with him. Ignoring all the hateful things he has said.

"Kourtney!" He yells. Many neighbors start coming outside. People in the industry. It's mostly all older women who live around Kourtney.

The majority of them have husbands, and they come over trying to get the message across to Scott that he should back off.

Their wives are all on their phones, probably with police and the gate security. Sirens grow closer from the distance.

As I look towards the road, I try to see if any of them are in view. I see Scott's fist comes flying at me.

I dodged him and tried reasoning with him again.

"Seriously, Scott. What are you doing? What are you really trying to accomplish by pulling this shit?" I ask.

"She's mine, freak! You can't have her!" He yells, spitting at me. A cop car quickly pulls up, several behind it.

The neighbors back off, but I stay in front of Scott. No way am I letting him try and get to the door. I don't care if it's locked.

The cops slowly surround us, and as he leaps for me, they grab him. Tackling him down.

"Hey... the rest of the cops left. They said that they'd collect all the security footage from the gate. Figure out how he got in." I tell the Kar-Jenner's. My main focus is on Kourtney.

"Thank you, Caelan." Kim says. I nod my head, but I don't need thanks. As I said before, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her.

For any of them. They are family. "The cops said that they are charging him with drunk driving, public drinking/intoxication, trespassing, and attempted assault." Kris says.

I nod my head in agreement, letting her know that she has the charges right. "Assault?" Kourtney asks, looking at me worried. Her eyes scan my entire body several times.

I chuckle softly, trying to lighten the mood before saying, "Attempted." Kourtney's eyes start to tear up, and she gets up, rushing to hug me.

Kourtney's arms wrap around me, her head resting against my chest. I wrap my arms around her. "It's all good." I say softly.

As I'm lost in comforting her, I don't realize that her family is looking at us. A look of realization struck against their faces. All but Khloe's as she's noticed before.

"Thank you for letting her stay at your place." Kim says as we take Kourtney's bags up to one of my guests' rooms.

The police suggested that Kourtney stay with someone for a few nights or until they can figure out how Scott got in.

Kim asked me to do it. She said that Kourtney would probably feel safer with me and at a place that Scott or anyone else can't get to.

Even though he's in jail and can't get to her, we can all tell that she's scared.

"It's not a problem. I have plenty of room, and it's secure." I say. I set the bags at the end of the guest bed.

"Our mothers still want you two to do the interview on Ellen and make a new fashion line." Kim says.

I nod my head, figuring that we would still be doing it. The two of us head back downstairs, finding Kourtney and Khloe in my living room.

"I forgot how big your house was." Kourtney chuckles. She has only ever been in here once. A few years ago, when it was my turn to host the Kar-Jenner/Quinn Christmas party.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me." I chuckle nervously, scratching the back of my neck.

"Why did you buy a house this big?" Khloe asks. "I uhm. I bought it with all intent and purpose of starting a family of my own." I say truthfully.

The only people who I ever told were Kim, my father, and my younger sister. I don't make a goal of ever saying it aloud, but it's the truth. My dream.

Kim rests her hand gently on my forearm, knowing that it's a touchy topic for me.

As the topic of kids and a wife always has been. For one, when I was younger, I didn't know if I'd ever be able to have children.

There was also the fact that I'm an intersex woman. I might be into females, but not all females are into me.

I don't hate them, and most were respectful about it. But it's the truth. I'm different. Or a Scott put it, a freak. Whatever I am, or people say I am, at least I love myself.

"It's late. You two shouldn't drive all the way back home. I had two more bedrooms made up." I say, clearing my throat.

"Uhm, they are on either side of Kourtney's room." I tell Kim since she knows. "Goodnight." I tell them all.

I head upstairs twice, as my room is on the third floor. The master room of all master rooms.

Kourtney and her sisters will be staying on the second floor. Kim knows where everything in my house is as she comes here often.

I step out onto my large balcony. It looks over my backyard. I have a huge swimming pool, a guest house that I recently had connected to the main level of my house.

There's a mini golf course, a big empty spot of turf grass, a volleyball court, and an in groud trampoline.

Several times, I have come out here and looked down. I imagine what it would all be like.

To stand here and see my wife chasing around our kids as they scream of laughter to get away.

Maybe once the kids were older, they'd bring their significant other to play mini golf. I'd watch from here, making sure they all behave themselves as I was once a teenager.

My wife would come out onto the balcony, and we'd watch together. Reminiscing on all the times we had together.

Our dates and anniversaries. All the special moments. All the little moments. Playfully bantering as we argue who's version of events was right.

A tear slips from my eye, I come back to my senses when I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

I wipe away the tear and make sure my eyes aren't watery. I walk back into my bedroom.

I open my bedroom door, finding Kourtney. She smiles sheepishly at me. "Are you okay?" I ask softly. She shakes her head no, tear starting to stream down her face.

I'm quick to pull her into my arms and comfort her.

[A/n~ Chapter 4]