Chapter 10

Caelan's POV~

Stephanie, Simon, Kim, and Kourtney's friend Megan have all been helping her move into my guest house today.

I was really busy this morning, so I haven't been able to help much. I got home, though, took a quick shower, and then headed to the guest house.

"Hey, hey." I say with a wide smile as I see Kourtney struggling to lift a box. She pants and stands up, smiling at me.

"Hey." She says softly. She and I share a long hug, neither of us wanting to let go. Nothing else has happened between us.

Besides long hugs and a little bit of flirting. I want to ask her out on a date, but I'm not sure when the right time would be.

"I came to help." I mumble, kissing the top of her head. She nods her head and smiles down at the box. "I'll get it." I say with a small chuckle.

I pick it up, lifting it with ease, and she pouts her lip. "We have muscles." She calls out. The three women come from upstairs.

Simon comes through the front door with Kourtney's suitcases. I've only met him a few times, but he seemed cool each time.

"Hey, bestie." Kim says. "Hey, Kimmy." I say. "Where do you want this?" I ask. I smile down at Kourtney.

She slightly blushes. Good thing she's facing me so the others don't see. "That stays down here. I just need it out of my way." She says.

"What's in here? Your books?" I ask as I start moving towards the other side of the living room. "How'd you know?" Kourtney asks, surprised.

"You've been known to never get rid of any of your books." I say. I passed the three other women.

Steph smirked at me, probably thinking about the fact that she knew Kourtney and I kissed.

I set the box to the side, out of the way. Then I head back over to the pile of boxes.

I moved a few more heavy boxes around, and most of it were Kourtney's books. "Hey." Steph says as Kim goes back upstairs with the others.

"Hey, Stephie." I say. "So, spill the tea." She says. She sits down on the couch. I'm sitting on the floor building book shelves.

"What tea?" I ask her. "You know what I'm talking about. You and Kourtney." She says.

"Nothing has happened since we kissed. We've both been busy, plus we aren't exactly sure what there is between us." I say.

Kourtney comes back downstairs, and she sits with me. I start showing her how to build them, and she starts one on her own.

"Look at you. Caelan is turning you into a furniture building pro." Kim says as she comes downstairs with Megan and Simon.

I know who Megan is, but her and I have never officially met. I've only seen her in passing when she'd come to the family gatherings.

"She has come a long way." I say with a small chuckle. Kourtney playfully nudges me as she chuckles.

"Well, aren't you two... flirty." Simon says. Looking between the two of us. Kourtney quickly turns away as her face heats up.

"So this is the certain someone you have been talking to me about all day." Megan says with a smile.

"What?" Kim asks. Apparently, the only one in the room that doesn't know what's going on. I clear my throat, looking at Kourtney.

"Caelan and I... something small might have happened." She says, biting her lip.

"Oh my gosh! Mom and Meredith were right!" She says with a disbelief look on her face.

"Our mothers are something else." I say, chuckling. "Soooooo. Are you two dating now?" Kim asks. The four of them fully invested now.

Mine and Kourtney's faces heat up as we glance at each other. "We're still trying to figure out things for ourselves." Kourtney says.

Megan had to leave to get to set for a movie she's filming. Simon had to get home to his husband. Then Steph and Kim left to go get an early dinner.

I stayed and helped Kourtney finish unpacking completely. Then we ordered dinner and started playing Connect Four.

Kourtney somehow ended up sitting on my legs as I was laid out on a part of her couch. The game between us.

She cheered again as she won yet again. "Thank you for letting me win again." Kourtney says. I gasp, "I would never." I chuckle.

Kourtney moves the game to the side and lays down on top of me. She rests her arms at my sides. I wrap mine around her.

"I can't thank you enough for what you have been doing for me." Kourtney says. She rests the side of her head on her hand.

Propping it up with her elbow against the couch by my head. She looks down at me. "You don't need to thank me." I say.

I watch her eyes fall down to my lips, and mine falls down towards hers. Kourtney pulls her bottom lip in. Trapping it between her pearly white teeth.

"I haven't stopped thinking about the kiss we shared." I admit. I can tell she hasn't either.

"I must admit, it has been the only thing on my mind since it happened." Kourtney says.

Our eyes find each other's again. Her other hand found its way up to my face. She trails the pad of her thumb over my cheekbone.

"May I kiss you again?" I ask with a wide grin. Kourtney's face heats up, and she hides in the crook of my neck for a moment.

Once she lifts her head back up, she nods it slightly. "I'd like that very much." She says in a low voice.

My hands slide down, resting on her hips as we lean into each other. Our lips lightly connect. We kiss softly, keeping it sweet and simple.

But like our first kiss, it felt so intense. As several feelings flowed through it.

Kourtney rests her hand over my pounding heart as she is the one to deepen the kiss. She moves her legs over the outside of mine. Straddling me.

I squeeze her hips as we both hum into the kiss as her hips roll against mine.

The two of us pull apart, resting our foreheads together. "Now is probably as good of a time as any." I start with a chuckle.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I ask. I watch as Kourtney's eyes light up. "I'd love to." She says.

[A/n~ Chapter 10]