Chapter 2

Caelan's POV~

Kourtney leads me up her stairs to her bedroom. She slightly chuckles at my facial reaction.

"I tempted on putting it together." She says sheepishly. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Let's get started." I say. We get her mattress and box spring out into the hallway.

Then I take her old bed frame apart. Setting it all to the side before we start finishing up her new one. As there is room now to actually build it.

"Now I know who to call anytime I need things built." Kourtney jokes. She looks over the now fully put-together bed.

"Anytime." I say with a chuckle, but I mean it. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for her.

She looks to the side of her bedroom at her old bed frame. She suddenly takes in a deep breath. Her hand is settling on her stomach as if she's going to be sick.

"Kourtney, what's wrong?" I ask her. "No, nothing. I'm okay." She says, wiping away at her eyes as tears threaten to slip out.

"Hey." I say softly, moving to stand in front of her. Blocking her view of the wood. "You can talk to me." I say wholeheartedly.

"I uhm, I just can't believe that I managed to keep it for so long." She says. It's the same bed frame she had when her and Scott were together.

He cheated on her on their old mattress on that bed frame. She took the frame when she left because it was hers prior to them moving in together.

I pull her into my arms, wrapping them around the top of her shoulders. Her head rested against my chest. Comforting her, trying to bring her some relief from all she's been put through.

As her 5"1' frame is much shorter compared to my 6" frame.

"It's okay. I'm going to get it out of here." I say. I go to remove my arms, but then she wraps hers tightly around me.

She cries into my chest. She is literally sobbing. I'm sure she is finally letting everything out.

She is probably going through the ringer emotionally and mentally. As I'm sure, anyone would.

I got the bed frame out of her house and into her dumpster. As I was heading back inside, Kim pulled in.

I waited for her, and we went inside Kourtney's home together.

"Thank you, Cae. For coming and checking on her." Kim says. Hugging me after I close the front door.

"You know that I care for her... I just want her to be happy." I say once we pull apart. "Caelan?" Kourtney calls out from her dining room.

I also found out that her dining table wasn't built, so she went in there to start on it while I took put the bed frame.

Kim and I head in that direction. We find Kourtney sitting on the floor, all the different pieces everywhere.

We watch quietly as she searches through the pile of instructions. Kim chuckles, making her sisters head snap in our direction.

"Oh, hey." She chuckles. "Kourt, why didn't you have the delivery guys build the furniture upon delivery?" Kim asks.

"Because I had faith in myself that I could do it." Kourtney huffs. "She actually did good on her bed frame." I say, trying to encourage her.

"With you telling her what to do, I'm sure." Kim smirks. I nervously chuckle, saying, "She technically started it on her own."

"But I did attach the wrong pieces." Kourtney says. She bites her lip as if she is having a deep reflective thought.

"You know what, why don't you build the dining table and I'll make lunch." Kourtney says.

Kim laughs, shaking her head at her sister. I chuckle and help her off of the floor. "I got this." I say.

Kourtney and Kim head to the kitchen as I get started on the dining table. The hardest part of this whole thing is going to be flipping it over once it's built.

Kourtney comes into the dining room as I'm putting the last leg on. The table is very long as she has a lot of friends and family.

They all tend to take turns having a big dinner at eachothers houses. "Wow." She says.

"Is it everything you imagined?" I ask jokingly. She laughs. Nodding her head. "Yeah, minus the part of the legs being in the air." She teases.

"Well, it's built. But we will need more people in order to get it flipped upright without breaking it." I state.

"Thank you." She says. "No problem." I state. "Well, I came to tell you that lunch is done." Kourtney says.

She leads me into her kitchen, we all make a plate and sit at her breakfast table that's in the small space in her kitchen.

She also has a kitchen island, but she hasn't gotten barstools or chairs for it yet.

Kim chuckles as she scrolls on her phone. "What?" Kourtney asks curiously.

"The media, I swear." She says. "What are they saying now?" Kourtney asks.

"They are claiming that you two are a thing now. Then Scott is making all kinds of accusations about Caelan and you hooking up this whole time." Kim says.

"I swear he's a dumbass." I mumble. I roll my eyes just thinking about him and his annoying voice.

The eldest Kardashian laughs, agreeing with me about her ex-boyfriend.

"Everyone knows he's lying. I mean, while you were with Scott, the two of you weren't hardly ever around each other." Kim says.

Kourtney gives me a sad smile, nodding in agreement with her sister.

"Just ignore him. He is only trying to make accusations about us to justify his own actions." I say.

"Plus, he has never liked me. No hate to him for it. I've never liked him either." I state simply, shrugging my shoulders.

The two sisters laugh, shaking their heads at me. "What was his reasoning for not liking you?" Kourtney asks.

"I honestly don't know. It's not like I have ever voiced anything to him. He and I never once actually had a conversation." I say. I try to rack my brain on what his issue with me is.

"He's just a hater." Kim says. "I honestly glad he's out of your life and out of ours." Kim adds.

[A/n~ Second cahpter]