Chapter twenty-three

Start from the beginning

"Mrs. Hotchner, it's good to see you up and about" he said, Celeste gave him a nod.

"I'm Doctor Jayson Mitchell, I'm the one that is taking care of Aaron. Did anybody come talk to you about your husband?" he asked, Celeste shook her head.

"So when Aaron came to us, he had mutiple stab wounds. There was three of them that were very deep and hit some major parts of the body, One of his lungs was nicked making it fill up with blood which cause him to chock. By the time I got him to the OR his heart had stop a few times, we were able to bring him back, but we had to work quickly. Everytime I fix one thing another thing showed up. I was able to fix all the damage..."

"Why is he not weaking up?" Celeste cut him off.

"His brain went without oxygen for a long time. I will send him for a MRI in a couple of days to check and see what were working with. but I must tell you the prognosis might not be what we want" he said as he looked at Celeste, she gave him a nod.

"thank you Doctor" she let out. Dr. Mitchell gave her a nod.

"with that being said, you should really go home and try and get some rest and come back tomorrow" he let out, Celeste gave him a nod. the doctor walked out of the room and Celeste looked at Aaron for a moment before getting up, getting closer to Aaron' face she planted a kiss on his temple.

"I love you so much" she whispered before backing away and looking at her sister, Gabrielle gave her a little nod. They both made there way out of the door, Celeste looked back into the room one last time before walking away. The twins were quiet as they walked to the waiting room, Gabrielle open the door for her sister who walked pass her and looked at the gang that was sitting there and waiting for them. Everyone stood up when they saw her.

"We all can go home guys there's nothing more we can do" Gabrielle let out, Celeste didn't stop walking as she started making her way down the hall. Everyone looked at each other before fallowing her in silence as they made there way out of the hospital.

Celeste was sitting in the passenger side of the SUV as Dave drove, they were both quiet. Dave was glancing back at Celeste every now and then not really knowing that to say.

"Did someone talk to Strauss about what happen?" Celeste asked in a tired tone.

"Yes, and she said don't worry about it" Dave replied, Celeste looked at him.

"Don't worry about it" he repeated. Dave drove to Celeste's house as they rolled up to the house Celeste noticed Jessica's car, Celeste looked at Dave.

"I texted her before we left" Dave let out as he stopped the SUV, Celeste quickly got out and made her way to the door. opening it and making quick pace to the living room, seeing Jack, Talia and Jess sitting on the couch Celeste broke down in tears as she ran to them.

"MOM!" Jack let out, Celeste got to the couch and fell on her knees and wrapped her arms around Jack and pulled Talia to her as she sobbed and squeezed them, Jessica moved and reached for Celeste's face with both hands. Celeste looked at her.

"It's okay, everything is going to be okay" she whispered to Celeste as tears rolled down her cheeks. Celeste gave her a nod and tears rolled down her own cheeks, Celeste let the kids go and back up a little she wiped her face with the back of her hand. She looked at Jack who had a sad look in his face.

"What's wrong bud?" Celeste asked.

"Aunt Jess said that Dad got hurt at work and that he's at the hospital, is he okay?" he asked, Celeste looked at Jack and let out a hum.

"Dad got in a very bad accident and he needs to sleep at the hospital for a little bit to get better, but I'm sure he would want you and Talia to know that he loves both of you so much" she said, Jack gave her a little smile.