Trial

The next day after I saw Ryoma at the public courts with Sengoku, he approached me during school after class. I had just called Sengoku before hand, the conversation going something like this.

"Kiyosumi," I had said. "I want you to do a favor for me. Look up anything on tennis criminals. If that's a thing, and see if you find my stalker. If you do, call me back."

Okay, do it was less of a conversation and more of a one sided voice mail message. But it counts, okay?!
"I wanted to talk with you about something," Ryoma said as he approached me cautiously.
"Mhm? Yeah. I'll answer," I said with a shrug at him, glancing at my phone to see if Sengoku had called me back.
"Are you being stalked?" Ryoma said, deciding to speak up after I had taken a drink of my water bottle. As soon as the question left his mouth, I started choking, feeling suffocated before I spit it out onto the ground and wiped my mouth.
"Yeah. Why?" I asked, lighting another cigar and looking up, trying to continue acting cool as if I didn't just choke on my drink.
" . . . Be careful. The team . . . I really care about you, okay?" Ryoma said, turning around to leave ad I saw his cheeks heat up.
"Wait," I called, picking up my phone as Sengoku's caller ID appeared.
"Yeah?" I answered, putting him on speaker.
"I found the guy. Apparently he murdered someone last night and is having a trial later this evening. You're really lucky, Atsuko," Sengoku said with a quiet sigh heard on our end.
"How so?" I asked. "Explain it please, Kiyosumi."
"The person he murdered last night had a lot of resemblance to you. The same silver hair and the same area of height and size. She played tennis at a nearby school around here and was heading home when she was killed. You're seriously lucky, Atsuko," Sengoku said. I could just picture him shaking his head and lecturing me right now. That is, if he were here right now.
"Yeah. I'm lucky. But Kiyosumi, don't tell my brother about this. If you do, Jin will put us both in a hospital . . . Probably only you because he refuses to hurt me. Anyways, I've gotta go. I've got a lover boy standing next to me. Call you later."
I looked over at Ryoma and saw him pull his hat a little lower, covering his face.
"Oi, Ryoma, come to the trial with me after school, okay? I'll be waiting outside the gates for you, so you better show up," I said firmly, leaving no room for debate as I walked past him and patted his head before heading back to my classroom.

After school, I stood by the front of the school, waiting for Ryoma to show up.
Yeah, I ended up waiting for fifteen minutes after school before I finally my saw him exiting and heading over to me.
"Good. You came. Let's go. We've got a trial to watch. And it's going to be a good one," I smirked, grabbing his hand and starting to run to the trial area.
"And what does the defendant have to say for himself?" I heard an older, more gravelly voice say, echoing through the doors as I stepped in and stood in the back of the room with Ryoma.
"I was trying to kill someone else," I heard a high pitch voice say. I looked up and mentally recoiled, trying not to laugh as I saw the stalker. He was huge, and his voice was high.
"I hereby declare you, James Montello, guilty! I convict you to 40 years of prison!" The judge shouted, banging his gravel on the stand and rising to his feet.
But seriously? Is the guy that stupid? He just got himself sentenced to prison. The girl's family lawyer didn't even have to do anything to defend her dead body.
"Well, dang he's stupid," I muttered under my breath, pulling Ryoma out of the room behind me by his hand.
I turned around swiftly and smirked, leaning forwards and planting my lips lightly on his cheek.
"I like you too. You're a mysterious guy. See you tomorrow at school, Kay?" I smirked as I backed off and headed towards the exit. "Call me!"
" . . . Hai," I heard Ryoma mutter as I left with a strangely wide grin on my face. I know, I looked stupid to Sengoku when I met him. But I stupefied myself too.
I never thought I would fall for a guy like Ryoma.
Looks like I did.
And as the years passed, I was glad I did. I wouldn't trade his love for the world.

A/n
Finished! This story took too long and I had no clue of where I was going, so I decided to just wrap it up nice, quick, and easy. Thanks for staying this far.