Failed Eavesdropping

Ryoma's POV

Ryoga Echizen. Here in the flesh. I knew he was coming back sometime soon, but I really didn't want to see him. He might be my brother, but he's still never going to be enjoyable to be around.
"Chibisuke!" Ryoga shouted, heading over to me. If Atsuko and Sengoku discover me, I might just kill this bastard.
I started walking away from him and heard him following behind me.
"Oí, Ryoga, you coming to play or not?" Somone shouted.
"Ryoga?" I heard Atsuko say out loud. "Kiyosumi, is that name familiar with you?"
"It's Echizen's older brother," Sengoku replied. "I heard about him once or twice."
"Oh, really?" Atsuko said softly.
"Can Chibisuke join us?" Ryoga called.
"Haiiiiii!" The teen shouted loudly.
"Ryoma's here too," Sengoku mused, the two of them turning to look at me. I made a face and turned from them, unhappy that they had discovered me.
"Chibisuke! Let's go!" Ryoga grinned, yanking me behind him and lining up by the baseline of the court after disposing me by the net.
How am I supposed to eavesdrop when I'm trying to not get hit in the face by a tennis ball?
Ryoga you brat. Of all days for him to crash at my home, he just had to come back now, didn't he?

Atsuko's POV

"Oí, Atsuko, weren't we going to talk about you-know-who?" Sengoku asked, grabbing my attention again.
"Yeah. But you basically told me it all over the phone. No need to repeat everything. We'll just play tennis and then listen to what the two of them are talking about," I shrugged, looking back at Ryoma scowling at his opponents and brother.
"Why would you listen to them talk?" Sengoku asked.
"Isn't it obvious? I never knew he had an older brother and it seems fun to watch him hang out with his older brother. Don't you agree, Kiyosumi?" I smirked.
"I still think it would be easier to just play a match with them instead of trying to listen three courts away," Sengoku said, lifting his hands in the air as he shrugged at me.
"True," I nodded, picking up my bag and heading over to that court.
"And you're positive you don't have a crush on him?" Sengoku asked, referring to last nights conversation over the phone.

"Oi, Kiyosumi, did you call me for a specific reason?" I asked, twirling a pencil between my fingers as I stared out the window.
"Ya know you've been staring at Echizen a lot, right, Atsuko?" Sengoku asked.
"I have NOT!" I shouted at him through the phone. "Besides, it's not like you and I even go to the same school so how would you even know if I have been staring at him? Hmm?"
"You're getting pretty defensive," Sengoku said smugly over the phone. "And the Princess hasn't fallen for the Prince of Tennis? You're positive you don't have a teeny weeny crush on him?" I could hear him trying not to laugh and I huffed at him, scowling.
"Me? Have a crush on Ryoma?" I scowled. "We're not even close! Why would you even think that?"
"Well, you're staring at him when I look at you and he's staring at you when I look at him," Sengoku said. "I've always wanted to play matchmaker!"
"Jin will kill you if he finds out you're trying to make me get together with Ryoma of all people, Kiyosumi," I scowled over the speaker. "And that's not going to happen. Ever. Oh, hey Jim," I said, acting like he had come into the room.
"Ack—! Bye!" Sengoku shouted, panicking. I smiled and dropped my phone on the desk, heading out.

Dang, is he still thinking about that conversation? And asking if I have a crush on him in public of all places.
"You haven't given me your answer. You've totally got a crush on him!" Sengoku smirked, making me lightly jab him with me racket handle.
"I do not!" I said, glowering at him.
"Whaaaat? But you're even on first name basis with him!" Sengoku exclaimed.
"Yeah, I'm also on first name basis with you. That doesn't mean I've got a crush on you!" I shouted at him. "Besides, Jin would kill you if that happened." I muttered.
A tennis ball came whizzing towards me and I scowled even more, glaring the direction as I deflected it and shot it back at them.
"Oi! Watch where you're hitting that!" I shouted, waving my racket as I sighed and then continued to Ryoma's court, Sengoku following behind me.
"Ryoma, mind if we join the fun?" I asked, smirking as I leaned on the net post and looked at him.
He looked up at us and nodded, glancing back at his brother with a scowl.
"Is she your girlfriend?" Ryoga teased. I lifted an eyebrow and looked at Sengoku, scowling as soon as I saw his smug face.
"Were not dating. Get that in your head, Kiyosumi," I muttered. "Play the game or go back to your home."
"I'll play!" Sengoku shouted.
Sengoku and I against the two of them, it seemed decently even and fair enough teams.

They won. We could've, but it was only a one point difference and I'm pretty sure they said something about Ryoga playing for an American team and being around three to four years older than us all.
The entire time, the two of them only bickered and argued as they played.

Ryoma's POV

The game was over after a while, Ryoga and I winning. But it was a close game. I came here to find out more about Atsuko's situation and ended up listening to Ryoga screaming in my face and talking a load of crap. Atsuko and Sengoku didn't even talk very much with each other. Either they're used to playing doubles together, or they communicated in a different way behind their backs.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to find something else out. Or during the week. Sometime this week though. I need to confront her about this before she does something stupid and rash.
"Are you sure you're not dating her?" Ryoga mused. "You seem to be staring at her quite a bit underneath that hat of yours."
"Positive," I scowled, walking away from him.
Tomorrow for sure. I'll talk with Atsuko about her problem.