BT::Two

Hii! Here's chapter 2! And if you haven't realized, the name after the chapter number is who's POV it's in :)

Vote, comment, add to library, fan, that kinda thing; it's all amazingly appriciated! So please & thank you!

And for the pic, that's Nathaniel :D (Andy Sixx) lol

So read and enjoy!

~Mel~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two – Nathaniel

A Letter

Loud, obnoxious pounding on my door woke me up. I tried to ignore it a first but it just kept going and going.

“Nathaniel! I know you’re in there! Open up!”

I groaned and pushed myself out of bed—the one I’d much rather be in than having to deal with someone’s annoying ass. I walked out of my room, through the living room and swung the door open.

“What the hell do you want Cooper? It’s seven in the fucking morning,” I said angrily to the man at my door.

Cooper smirked and held out a thin manila envelope with my name and address stamped in the middle. “This came for you a few minutes ago. The messenger said it was urgent. Take your anger out on him.”

I rolled my eyes and snatched the envelope. “Well if you can find him bring him to me and I will.” Then I slammed the door in his face and went to the kitchen. I was about to throw the envelope on the bar for another, less early, time when the return address caught my eye.

Ariocra Academy. My old school? What the hell did they want?

I tore open the envelope with my teeth and the only thing inside was a thick piece of parchment with old-time calligraphy scrawled across it. Seriously? Calligraphy? And letters? What was wrong with e-mail?

I pulled out the paper and scanned it quickly. The first part was just boring crap like ‘Hello Nathaniel how have you been?’ Then second half of the letter became more interesting.

They proposed a special offer to me since I was one of the few people the school trusted with out-of-school issues.

Ariocra Academy is prepared to trust a special student in your hands. You will become the student’s mentor; teach the student how to wield their Gift and fight because, for this student, that time may come.

We cannot give out any more information to you about this student until you accept and sign a contract. If you wish to accept come to the school and meet with Headmaster Harrison for the deal. We will offer you one million dollars to keep this student safe and teach them to their full ability.

We hope you accept. This is very important.

- Ariocra Academy

One million dollars, huh? To teach some random boy how to fight and keep him alive? Sounds easy enough. He’ll be out of my hair in a few months.

I sighed; but this meant I couldn’t go back to bed.

I pulled up to the Academy’s giant, iron gates and handed the silver slip of paper I found in the envelope—luckily before I left—to the guard standing post at the guard house. He waved me through immediately and I parked in the guest lot before heading to the front doors of the main building.

Pulling back the iron knocker and then letting it go, the door open to a petite maid. “May I help you?” she asked.

“I’m here to see Headmaster Harrison,” I said emotionlessly.