Chapter 4

He stopped laughing and his eyes fell on my bracelet.

Today our team won another match.

Dad nor Amelia was there.....as usual. They were never there for any of my matches.

Dad probably doesn't even know that I'm the football captain of our team. As for Amelia....it's a whole different story. She's never been outside of that house. Dad once told me that she's really ill and she can't be outside the house. But I know that there's more to that.

I didn't know i had a twin sister untill i was 10yrs and when I knew , i was the happiest person. She was everything you could ask for. When i saw her for the first time, i knew that i would protect her with my life. Dad told me that she was in a coma and they didn't know if she'd ever wake up and that's why they kept it from me. I did feel upset but whatever, I was thankful she woke up.

When that incident happened, i won another match and was at a party drunk. I was drinking away my problems. My problem that my family was not there with me while I played and won matches. That whenever i made a goal and turned to see, my family was not here cheering for me. I could not make them proud.

I let those stupid thoughts get the best of me and didn't see the missed call from my sister. I was partying while she was there , going through pain and hell. My blood boils as I think about that.

Today was our 17th birthday. Right after the match I went to a store and bought us matching twin hoodies. I really hope she likes it.

I couldn't throw parties or invite my friends over since Amelia will be there and it might not be good for her health, with all those noise and stuff.....you know how teenagers party's are. I rather keep my friends away from Amy since she's an angel and I can't trust them with her.

I didn't bother not throwing parties and stuff, it's the least i could do for her.

I went home and we celebrated our birthday just like we do every year, and i cherished every moment of it. Towards the end, i could see her getting uneasy.

Ever since that incident, Amy had lots of panic attacks, nightmares and each time anything like that happens, it felt as if someone was stabbing me over and over again.

Once i woke up late at night and went to drink water. I went to Amy's room to check on her, and when i heard soft cries coming from her bathroom, i went inside only to see her holding her hand with the other which had lots of old and new cuts. Seeing my little sister hurting herself made me realise how bad of a brother I am. I stayed with her the whole night while she cried and I made her promise to never do it again.

I told dad and Amy that I had an important seminar tomorrow and we decided to skip the movie part. I kept a mental note to check on Amy later and give her some space for now.

Later, i decided to check on her.

I knocked and when she didn't answer i went inside only to find that SHE'S NOT THERE.

I started to panic. She was not there in the bathroom and i checked the whole house. That's when i noticed her window open.

Did she sneak out.

It was not the first time. She probably got fed up staying home all the time. I decided not to tell dad because he may go all crazy and even punish her for this. Strangely, dad's always overprotective when it comes to her.

I decided to go search for her. I was really worried as she sneaked out just like this on that day the incident happened.
I searched the whole neighborhood and yet i couldn't find her. I thought to go back home and tell dad just when i saw Amy running.

I ran behind her while calling her name...but she didn't hear me and continued running as if she was escaping from someone.

At some point i lost her. I started looking around and screaming her name. I ran and started panicking.

I reached in front of a park and decided to look for her in there.

I saw her standing beside a tree and called her name. She turned around surprised to see me as relief washed trough her. I let out a sigh as i saw she was okay and nothing happened to her.

All that relief and happiness turned to pure anger as i saw who was standing in front of my sister.

I pulled her behind me as i spat his name. Lucas Hermandez.

Just to know that, that asshole was standing near her or even breathing the same air as her made my blood boil.

That asshole who killed my girlfriend.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanx to everyone who read my book. I really hope you guys like it and plz do say if there's something I should improve. Don't forget To Vote and comment . Sry for the short ch. I'll try to make the next one longer.

And I'm really happy that my book got 100 views💜