Chapter 82: The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was

Start from the beginning

She suddenly placed a hand on the side of his head. She then closed her eyes and leaned in and planted her mouth against his. Dracovish closed his eyes as well. Everyone was shocked, even Delphox and Sylveon. They separated and stared at each other.

"It does" she said lovingly.

"Yay! It's just like in all my dreams! Wait...where are the pancakes?" Dracovish said happily, turned his head back and forth as he asked his question.

Everyone laughed at his antics. Ash pulled out Dracovish's ball.

"Rest up for now buddy, I promise we'll get lots of pancakes for you later okay" Ash said.

Dracovish happily nodded. Ash recalled him. He looked at Cinderace, who nodded as well. Ash recalled her next. He looked at Latias, who was smiling while blushing.

"Told you that you still have ones who care about you" he said.

Latias gave him a closed eyes smile. Ash recalled her. He, Pikachu and Greninja returned to their trainer box.

"Sorry about that Leon" Ash said apologetically.

"It's alright Ash, seeing the bond a trainer has with their Pokemon is always a heartwarming sight to see, and I can tell the bond you have with yours nothing short of inspirational" Leon said.

Ash was surprised at first, but smiled as well. He looked downward. 'And speaking of bonds...'

Pikachu nodded, making Ash nod in response. He held out his arm.

"Pikachu...I choose you!" Ash said as Pikachu jumped onto his arm and climbed around him, jumping off the opposite arm.

Pikachu landed. He sparked electricity as he took a battle stance. Sylveon immediately started cheering for her boyfriend.

Greninja was silent, his eyes locked on Pikachu. Delphox managed to see it, she suddenly felt worried based on his facial expression.

"Thunderbolt!" Ash said.

Pikachu fired his attack. Charizard spread its wings out.

"Fly up and use Steel Wing!" Leon said.

Charizard flew into the air, narrowly avoiding Pikachu's attack. It then powered up its wings and flew towards Pikachu.

"Get away with Quick Attack!" Ash said.

Pikachu ran forward at high speeds. He managed to jump and dodge all of Charizard's strikes.

"Thunder Punch!" Leon said with a fist.

Charizard flew fast until it was right in Pikachu's path. It powered up its fist and charged forward.

Ash's eyes narrowed. He sent of a shot of Aura towards Pikachu. He knew what to do. "Dodge it!" Ash said.

While still running, Pikachu jumped and performed the spin dodge move, causing Charizard to miss. Ash acted fast.

"Thunderbolt!" Ash said.

Pikachu shot his attack, this time successfully hitting Charizard. Everyone was surprised at what they just saw. Charizard got back up and shook off the pain.

"Very impressive Ash, that was an awesome dodge" Leon said.

"Thanks, we came up with it when we were in Sinnoh" Ash said.

"Let's give our response! Charizard use Fire Blast!" Leon said.

Charizard roared and unleashed its attack. Pikachu quickly sprang into action.

After a smoke cloud cleared, it showed Pikachu performing the Counter Shield. Everyone gasped again. Charizard studied it rather than attacking again, something Leon always told it to do. Once Pikachu decided to stop, he jumped back into the air.