[Volume 5] Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Yeah I remember coming here when I was younger...Needed to buy some......less then legal things

He stares at a stall selling explosive dust.

Y/N: Don't buy off them, They were defective....Only 3 charges went off...when they were meant to anyway.

Qrow: Huh..

He nods slowly.

Qrow: Good to know.

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up!

Y/N: You guys go ahead I'm going to go and try find some info

RNJR and Qrow enter the campus grounds of Haven Academy, which is devoid of any other people. They stop in a courtyard, where Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her eye. Jaune places a hand on her shoulder, and she sighs.

Ruby: We made it.

Qrow stops behind them, and while they continue on their way, he takes a moment to glance around and lets out a sigh.

Ruby: Hello?

Inside a hallway, RNJR is following Qrow, and Ruby calls out once again, louder this time.

Ruby: Hello?!

Nora: Maybe try louder?

Ren: There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Jaune: Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it.

Qrow: No, this isn't right. Come on.

Qrow hurries ahead.

Ruby: Wait for us!

RNJR picks up the pace to catch up, and soon, all five are running to a pair of wooden double doors. Qrow comes to a stop in front of them, draws his sword, and extends the blade.

Qrow: Get ready. There could be trouble.

RNJR follow his lead in drawing their weapons. Qrow brings up his foot and kicks the door open. Just on the other side, widens his eyes, throws his hands into the air, and lets out a frightened scream. Jaune, Ruby, and Nora widen their eyes and scream as well, while Ren gives the headmaster a confused stare. Standing on one foot with his eyes wide, Qrow suddenly looks down, loses his balance, and falls. Shortly after, Lionheart makes a noise and briefly faints. RNJR let their weapons down and stare, dumbfounded, while Qrow sits up.

Ruby: Uh, Professor Lionheart?

Lionheart gasps and sits up.

Lionheart: Qrow! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me half to death!

Qrow stands up with a growl.

Qrow: Me? Why weren't you waiting for us at the entrance?

Lionheart: Huh? Oh, right. Apologies. I guess time slipped away from me.

Qrow: You're joking.

While Lionheart stands up and RNJR put their weapons away, Nora asks a question.

Nora: Where is everybody?

Lionheart: Ah, you must be the students Qrow mentioned.

Ruby: Yes, sir.  Ruby Rose.

Jaune: Jaune Arc.

Nora: Nora Valkyrie.

Posing with her arms held stiffly out to the sides.