[Volume 1] Chapter 15

Cardin: You know that wasn't very smart, Jauney boy. 

He Picks up a bruised Jaune again while the rest of Team CRDL watches

Cardin: I'm gonna make sure they send you back to mommy in teeny tiny pieces.

Jaune: I don't care what you do to me.... but you are not messing with my team.

Cardin: What? You think talk like that makes you tough? You think you're a big strong man now?

Jaune smiles in defiance. An enraged Cardin roars and raises his fist again, but just as the hit connects, a bright light shines from Jaune, and when the white fades from the screen, Cardin is crying out in pain as he holds his hand. Jaune, now back on the ground but completely healed, looks confusedly at his hands as they faintly glow white. While he stares, though, Sky Lark kicks Jaune in the back and gets him on his stomach, but he looks up and glares at the approaching Cardin.

Cardin: Let's see how much of a man you really are...

Just as he says this, a low growl is heard, and a surprised Team CRDL turns around and sees a large paw crash onto the scene, belonging to a huge Ursa Major with dozens of jagged spikes sticking out from its wide back. It leaps forward and stands over the terrified students, lifting its head in the air to smell the sap on Cardin's breastplate. It lands back on its forelegs and roars at Cardin while his teammates heroically flee.

Russel: That's a big Ursa!

Cardin is rooted to the spot when the Grimm swings its claws and knocks him sideways, revealing Jaune cowering behind him. The Ursa continues to sniff, uninterested in Jaune and following its nose to Cardin. He watches at it towers over Cardin, who gets his wits and pulls out only for the monster to swipe it away to Jaune's feet. He looks conflicted, wondering whether to fight or run away.

Meanwhile, the roar of the giant Ursa is heard by the members of Teams and , still collecting sap on the other side of the forest.

Ruby: Did you guys hear that?

Suddenly, the remaining members of Team CRDL are seen running the other way from the roar through the other students.

Russel: Ursa! Ursa!

Yang: What?! Where?

Russel: Back there! It's got Cardin!

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Ruby: Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch!

Pyrrha: You two, go with them! There could be more!

Cardin is attempting to run from the following Ursa, but it leaps over its prey and claws him away. He tries to get up and crawl away.

Cardin: Crap! Crap, crap!

Pyrrha: Oh, no!

They watch as the Ursa leans over the helpless victim, raising its paw and swiping it down... only to be blocked by Jaune's shield, . He struggles to defend a stunned Cardin from its attempts to lean on him, but Weiss lifts as she prepares to go help.

Pyrrha:           Wait!

Jaune takes the shield out from the Ursa's paw and slashes at its stomach, causing it to lash out and try to crush him. He rolls out of the way and jumps over its swipe at his feet, but he is unprepared for when it launches a claw at him in midair. He lands far away, yet is immediately back on his feet and passing Cardin as he charges again. The Ursa knocks Jaune behind it when he tries for a leaping attack, and he looks at the Scroll in his shield to find out that his Aura level is in the red. He grows angry again and starts to run at the Ursa as it also begins to dash towards him.

As they are just about to clash in slow-motion, Pyrrha sees that Jaune has left himself completely open to the Ursa's attack, and lifts her hand out to him, gathering dark red energy in her arm. Just as the Ursa is about to hit him, the glow surrounds Jaune's shield and makes it lift up to block the swipe. Jaune uses the surprise defensive move to lean on the ground, push his shield back up, and swing his blade right through the Ursa's neck. The head falls to the ground as the body slams onto the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N is seen watching from the trees as The two started to talk after the fight.

i was watching from the trees as jaune and Cardin conversed 

Cardin: Holy crap, Jaune!

Jaune: Don't ever mess with my team - my friends - ever again. Got it?

Cardin looks intimidated, possibly even apologetic. With his order spoken, Jaune turns and walks away from a frozen Cardin.

Once Jaune was gone Y/N hopped down from the tree and silently approached the leader of CRDL and proceeded to sneak up behind him and put a dagger made of ice up against the red heads neck  which cause said red head to freeze up in fear as a cold shiver went down his spine as his breath hitched in his throat and sweat went down his forehead.

Y/N: You know....I really hate those who oppress others and then try to get away with it, Jaune may have let you off but I won't....

Cardin, Despite his usual bravado, Was terrorfied  in this moment.

Cardin: What are you g-going to do to me?

Y/N mouth turned into a twisted "Innocent" smile.

Y/N: Ohhh....Nothing yet but you better watch your back Winchester.

And with that he vanished into a pile of snow.