[Volume 1] Chapter 10

Y/N is seen sleeping in his one bed dorm as suddenly he starts shaking.

=Dream=

Y/N is seen stood in the middle of a black and inky room looking around confused.

Y/N: Woah...what is this place? Am I still asleep?

He looked around trying to figure out what's going on, As he was contemplating he heard what sounded like a whisper from behind him.

???: You Serve her, Belong to her.

???: You Serve her, Belong to her.

Y/N turned around in a panicked manner confused at where he is and who is stalking him.

Y/N: Where are you? Who are you?

Y/N asked confused and scared Y/N put up his guard as the disembodied voice speaks up agai from all around him.

???: You Serve her, Belong to her.

Y/N whipped around each time he heard the voice, His hand stated twitching as the voice grew louder and louder.

Y/N: Who is she?! And why would I serve her!?

???: You Serve her, Belong to her.

Y/N held his head in pain as more and more voices started saying the same thing over and over again.

Y/N: ENOUGH!

He shouted as 4 huge walls made of ice came out of nowhere and covered him from the storm of voices.

Y/N: What the hell is this place?! Why am I here? Who is she?

Before long a loud ear shattering bang was heard as the walls collapsed, Y/N looked on in shock as a slim figure was seen approaching him.

He shot up in his bed as the sound of a loud air horn was heard right beside his head.

Ruby: Wakey wakey!

Y/N looked over in shock as team RWBY Stood there smiling.

Y/N: What the.....First of all how did you get in? and second of all HOW DID YOU GET IN!

Weiss deadpans and points to the door.

Weiss: Your door was unlocked.

Y/N sweat drops and scratches the back of his neck.

Y/N: ah....I must have fell asleep quite early.

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

The members of RWBY, seated on the front row, are in varying stages of interest; Blake and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives a cricket-filled silence as a result.

Y/N is seen staring off into space still thinking about his "Dream".

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses... 

He gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably at.

Port: Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Student: Ayyyy-yep!

He quickly sits down.

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

His words fade into the background when Weiss notices Ruby is very focused on penciling the paper in front of her.

Port: ...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. Peter', he told me...

The speech evolves into more "blah"s as Ruby looks down on the picture she drew, The drawig depicted both her and Y/N cuddling with a sunset behind them, She blushed and quickly scribbled it out whilst looking around to make sure nobody seen it.

Port: Ah-heh-hem! In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!

The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics.

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face.

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable!

Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year.

Port:  A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!

Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss: I do, sir!

Port: Well, then, let's find out! 

He turns to gesture at the glowing red eyes surrounded by shadow shaking the cage that traps it.

Step forward, and face your opponent!

The unknown monster continues to growl as the scene cuts to black and the credits roll.