Chapter 1: New Connections

Sophie was in chemistry for the first time at her new high school and she was failing miserably to fit in with the rest of the school. Foxfire was the best private school in the country but she kind of hated it. She had always tried to fit in but now that she was going to Foxfire there was no way that was going to happen. Sophie had always been very smart but she had never understood chemistry. She was looking at the instructions of her assignment for the lesson and saw that it said WHAP which sh assumed was supposed to say whip so she started whipping the solution. Lady Galvin (her chemistry teacher) started yelling at her to stop whipping but it was to late. The solution had exploded and set Lady Galvin's cape on fire. All the teachers at Foxfire were either called Lord or Lady. She realised that she had also burned her wrist and Lady Galvin told her to go straight to the Healing centre. Today was only her first ever day at the enormous school and all the hallways were nearly identical so it was very easy to get lost. She must have taken about twenty wrong turns when she heard a voice coming out of the shadows.

"You must be lost," the mystery voice said as a blonde boy with ice blue eyes stepped out of the shadows.

"Says who?" Sophie responded irritated that he had automatically assumed she was lost.

"Well you're either lost or you're ditching and you don't look like you're ditching so you must be lost." The boy said "You're the new girl right? I'm Keefe."

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Well you are the first student ever to start in the middle of the year." Keefe responded making her feel even more awkward about going to this school. She hadn't known she was the first student ever to start in the middle of the year. Of course she had realised that she was the first in a long time but not ever. "So where are you going?" Keefe asked snapping her out of her thoughts

"Oh...the Healing Centre. I burned Lady Galvin's cape in chemistry and a little bit of the solution got on my wrist." Keefe had burst out laughing the moment she had said that she burned Lady Galvin's cape which helped her to relax around him a little bit which felt nice.

"That...is...the...best...thing...I...have...ever...heard!" Keefe managed to say between laughs. "Come on Foster. I'll show you to the Healing Centre" Keefe added when he finally stopped laughing. She felt like she had finally met someone who didn't think of her as a freak and that was the best she had ever felt.

If you are the first reader of this please comment on this chapter or vote. Just something so that I know the 44 views Wattpad says my story has are not just me looking for mistakes in my writing. Thanks

 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶                                                                                                                                                               🐶 Jasmine 🐶                                                                                                                                                                     🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶