Eating Problems

angst - fluff
tw: Discussions on EDs/s-h and PTSD induced(?) panic attacks+flash flashbacks

a week after s6 ep21 'Help Me'

Wilson PoV

It was lunchtime, and for a week and a few days, House wasn't here, and honestly, I was getting worried. I have barely seen him eat or come out of his office to do anything other than go to the toilet or smoke. He hasn't even been home...

I swallow the feeling down, and I sit down at the table alone, and I was quickly interrupted by Cuddy.

"I need to talk to you about something..." She frowned.

"If I'm honest, so do I." I said, looking at my boss, taking a few bites out of my food.

"Is it House?" She asked, and I nodded, chewing my food. "Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk to you about." She let's out a sigh, and I swallowed my food.

"He hasn't been eating a lot, has he?" I mumbled. "Well, if he was, he'd be sitting where you are."

"I know..." She rubbed her face, her elbows resting on the table. "I've offered personal days, and he said no. Wilson, he never says no to personal days."

I sigh, "This is bad..."

"No kidding..." She mumbled. "What do we do?"

"The real question is," I say. "Can we do anything about it?"

"What? Wilson, he's our friend, we have to do something about this." She stares at me as I continue to eat.

I chew and swallow quickly, speaking again. "I know, but he's only been out of Mayfield for a few months. We should talk to Dr. Nolan about this. Maybe he's talking to Dr. Nolan."

"I doubt it," Cuddy shakes her head. "He hasn't gone to therapy in weeks."

My eyes widened for a moment, "You're kidding..."

She shakes her head. "I wish I was, Wilson," Cuddy looks away for a moment, looking back again. "So I'm gonna ask again, what are we going to do?"

"We can..." I think for a moment. "Wait until after lunch. He might come later, but if not, then we'll head over to his office and talk to him."

She nods, "Okay, you stay here, I have to go check on the pharmacy."

"Hm?" I hum, "What's happening in the pharmacy?"

"I'm going to check the log." She says, her voice low.

My eyes widened. "You don't think..."

"We can never be sure." She says before standing and walking out of the cafeteria.

I shake my head. There's no way he would relapse this early on... he's been through a rough patch, but... he's always able to push through them. He was able to get around Amber's death. Well, he did end up in Mayfield after that, so... I guess not.

But that doesn't matter now. That's the past. He must have better coping mechanisms now that he's been to a psych ward and therapy. Right?