Chapter 7

29th August 1989

As the morning sunlight drifts through the window, Jenny and I sit on the couch.

I feel happy and loved, Jenny on the other hand looked like there was something worrying her. She's not normally this quiet. After all she's a morning person.

"You know, Jenny. I can't believe how lucky I am to have Sav in my life. He's so amazing" I say basking in the joy that I feel.

"Yeah, he seems great. I'm happy for you" she says through a forced smile.

I notice hesitation in her voice.

"Is something bothering you Jenny? You don't seem yourself today" I ask her,

"I just... I can't help but wonder if everything with Rick is too good to be true. I mean he's famous and he fell for you so quickly" she says looking over to me her face filled with an unsure expression.

"What are you saying? He's not using me" I say defensively.

"You don't know that, Jocelyn. He's a famous rockstar, you're just a journalist. If it wasn't for me getting us those back stage passes you wouldn't even know him" she explains.

"So you think I'm not good enough for him?" I shout starting to feel frustrated.

"No, I just don't want you to get hurt" she starts shouting back at me.

"Or you're just jealous. Sav is a good man, he wouldn't hurt me" I say.

"I'm sure he is, Joss but you're my best friend and I care about you. I think you should just take it slow, you know he might not turn out to be the person you want him to be" she says emotionally.

"If you cared about me, you'd support my decisions and trust that I know what's best for myself" I say standing up and walking to the door, I walk out and slam it behind me.

Not long after I found myself stood outside the hotel where I knew Def Leppard were staying,

I slowly walk up to the front desk, trying my best to hold back tears.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The young woman sat at the reception asks.

"Is Rick Savage here? I'm a friend of his" I asked my voice shaking even though I try to hold it back.

"I'll let him know your here, take a seat" she says and she picks up the phone.

I sit down on the love seats that line the centre of the hotel foyer.

Not long after I see the bassist in question appear on the stairs, walking beside him is the blonde haired hotness that is Steve Clark.

I can't lie he was my first rockstar crush, my taste seems to have changed as I got older.

"Hey, Jocelyn. Are you alright?" Sav asked seeing the discomfort in my eyes.

"Yeah" I answer not convincing myself or Sav by the looks of it.

"Jocelyn, this is Steve" Sav said introducing us,

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" I say putting on a smile.

"We'll ello, Jocelyn. I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you" he said in his luscious accent.

Steve and I spoke for a little while, I mentioned to him how inspirational he is to me. And other things too.

"Well, I'm off to the studio. I'll see you later" Steve said as he walked towards the hotel door.

I felt Sav grab ahold of my arm while I watched Steve walk away from us.

"You sure you're ok?" He asked me when I turned back to him.

"Jenny and I got into an argument, she thinks I'm not good enough for you" I say looking into his big blue eyes.

"She really said that?" He asked squinting his eyes.

"Well she didn't use those words exactly" I reply.

"She's just looking out for you, Joss. She's your best friend" he says while embracing me.

I think about it for a little while and realise that he's right.

"You're right, I shouldn't have got mad at her. I feel so bad" I reply realising the big mistake I made.

"Don't feel bad, just apologise. I'm sure she'll understand" he comforts me.

"I was gonna go to the record shop, If you wanna come" he says trying to lift the mood.

"Yeah, I'll come" I say finally showing my true smile.

I try to forget about what happened for now and deal with it when the time comes, I know I need to apologise to Jenny.

After all Sav is right, she is just looking out for me.

But for now I wanna enjoy my time with Sav.

(Author's Note: Hey guys, so I feel like this chapter is lacking a little. But it gets better I promise.

And there is some smut in the next chapter, just a warning 😉)