Chapter 16

17th August 1991

The grand hall is adorned with flowers, candles and the love of family and friends. Soft music fills the air as guests take their seats, awaiting the arrival of the bride.

I stand at the end of the aisle, my heart fluttering with excitement and nerves. I feel radiant in my elegant gown, my eyes searching for Sav.

As the music changes, signalling my entrance, all eyes turn toward the aisle. I take a deep breath and begin my walk.

Arm in arm with my eldest brother.

Sav stands at the alter, dressed in a dashing suit, his eyes never leaving me as I approach him.

As I reach him, we exchange a tender smile and a glance filled with unspoken promises.

The ceremony begins, and we share heartfelt vows, expressing our love, commitment, and the lessons we have learned though our journey together.

"Jocelyn, you are my rock, my light in the darkest moments. You've shown me what true love is, and I promise to cherish and honour you every day of our lives." Sav speaks his vows with unwavering love.

"Rick, you've taught me the beauty of forgiveness and the strength that comes from facing challenges together. I vow to support you and love you unconditionally, to be your partner through every joy and obstacle" I say my vows with adoration.

As the ceremony progresses, we exchange rings - a symbol of our commitment to one another.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" the officiant speaks.

Sav grabs a hold of my waist and pulls me into him, we share a passionate and heartfelt kiss, sealing our love and promises in front of our loved ones,

The room erupts into cheers and applause as we turn to face our guests.

Throughout the reception, heartfelt toasts and laughter fill the air. Sav and I share our first dance as husband and wife, our eyes locked in a loving embrace.

Jenny, Lisa and the rest of Def Leppard join the celebrations, raising their glasses to toast our enduring love.

As the night unfolds, it becomes clear that Jocelyn and Sav's love story has come full circle. The trials and tribulations they faced together only strengthened their bond, leading them to this moment of happiness and unity.

Love prevails, and as Jocelyn and Sav take each other's hands, they know that their journey has only just begun.

The end.