Chapter 12

((*SAV*))

I sit alone in the hotel restaurant, lost in my thoughts. Thinking about Jocelyn and every time I could have told her what was going on, instead I let myself fall in love with her and now I've broken her heart. How could you do that to her Sav, she is the most beautiful and passionate woman. And I am in love with her, whether Adam likes it or not. No, Fuck Adam. This was all his idea in the first place.

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder,

"Hey, Sav. Mind if I join you?" Joe asks,

"Yeah, sure" I say looking up to him with a faint smile.

"You alright?" he asked sitting down opposite me.

"Just needed a moment to clear my head" I answer looking back down at the table in defeat.

"You're not alone, mate. We've all been there" he nodded.

"But its different, Joe. I messed up big time" I sigh looking over to him.

"We all make mistakes, Sav. It's what we do next that matters. You can still make it right" he says supportively.

"I don't know. I hurt her so much. I'm not sure she'll ever forgive me" I hesitate,

"Look, you guys have something special. I've seen it. And Jocelyn's not the kind to give up on that easily" he reassured me.

"You really think so?" I ask looking hopeful.

"I know so. She's strong, and she cares about you. She just needs to see that you're willing to fight for her" he says with a supportive smile.

"You're right, Joe" I say feeling a little uplifted.

"That's the spirit, mate. Love's worth fighting for" he says as I stand up from my chair.

I feel Joe's eyes on me as I walk out of the hotel. I walk back down the bustling street where Jocelyn and I walked before, looking for one shop in particular.

17th September 1989

((*JOCELYN*))

"How are you feeling, Joss?" Jenny asks as we stand in the corner of the room waiting for the moment to come.

The release party of this magazine begun this afternoon, A lot of people are here. This is like a big deal for journalism. The band sit front row, because this is a magazine spread about them, of course.

Jenny helped me to get dressed up for the occasion. I wear a figure hugging sparkly blue dress that hangs just above my knee. With Nike's because I'm not a heel girl. My hair is curled and I wear just enough eyeliner to make me look sexy.

"I'm feeling good, Jenny. Really good" I say nervously, my eyes not giving the same thought.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" she says turning towards me.

"I have to" I say and then my name is called.

"I would like to present to you, Miss Jocelyn Silva" my boss says with hesitation, I walk up to the stand with my written article in hand, Jenny sits down front row.

"Thank you, Mr Thompson" I thank my boss as he walks off to the side of the stand.

I look up into the audience to see everyone staring back at me, including Rick Savage. The look in his eyes was regret and guilt. But he still had that gleam that I have seen before.

I look back down to my printed article and begin reading.

"In the annals of rock 'n' roll history, certain bands transcend time and become icons, etching their legacy into the very soul of music. Def Leppard, with their electrifying sound and unwavering resilience stands proudly at the heart of this timeless symphony.

Since their inception in the late 70's, Def Leppard has journeyed through the highs and lows of the music industry. The band's fusion of hard rock and melodic hooks captivates audiences worldwide, and their rise to fame was meteoric. Hits like "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and "Love Bites" became anthems of an era, echoing through arenas and stadiums globally.

But amidst the glitz and glam of rock stardom, Def Leppard are still humble people just like us"

I look back up into the crowd, every pair of eyes on me. Some looking a little more thrilled than others, the bands manager, Adam. Seems to be having the time of his life with a grin plastered across his face. And Lisa who is now sat next to Jenny, looking just as guilty as Sav.