Chapter 6

28th August 1989

A couple days have passed since the concert, and I am excitedly waiting at a cozy coffee shop. I'm about to meet up with Rick Savage for the first time outside of the interview or backstage setting. My heart is racing with anticipation as I sip my coffee, glancing at the entrance every now and then.

Suddenly, the door opens, and Sav walks in with a warm smile, his eyes locking with mine.

"Jocelyn, hey! Sorry, I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I?" He questioned me nervously as he sat down opposite me.

"Not at all. I just got here. It's great to see you, Rick" I answer with a smile, the atmosphere feels comfortable and relaxed.

"It's great to see you too, Jocelyn" He said looking deep into my eyes.

"Thanks for suggesting this meet up, by the way" I said, I honestly had no idea whether he thinks it's more than that.

"Of course! I thought it would be nice to have a more casual chat, away from all the stage lights and cameras, you know" he mentioned still gazing into my eyes, his beautiful English accent ringing in the air.

"I couldn't agree more. So, how have you been?" I ask him,

"I'm good! Still riding high on excitement from the concert. How about you?" he answers with a smile,

"I'm cool, I've been working on the article about the concert and our interview. It's been such a joy to write" I say explaining my last few days.

"I can't wait to read it. You seem to have a way of capturing the essence of a moment" he says, I give him a little side eye.

"I've read some of your articles. I love the one you wrote about Queen" he mentions seeing my expression.

"Oh.... well thank you, Sav. That means a lot to me" I say my cheeks probably started looking a little red.

As we chat, we discover shared interests beyond music. Sav reveals his love for fashion and art. While I talk about my passion for traveling and exploring new cultures.

"I never expected fashion to become such a big part of my life, but I feel like it just gives me a way to express myself" he explains as we chat,

"Definately, same with music and art like it gives us a way to express our emotions and tell our stories" I say passionately.

"And you like to travel, huh?" He questions me with that gorgeous smile still present on his face.

"Yeah, I envy you. There's so much to see and experience out there" I say looking into his eyes.

"You should come join us on our adventures someday. I'm sure you would love it" he states, like he knows me already,

"I might just take you up on that offer" I say teasingly.

As we continue to talk, the connection between us feels unbreakable. Our conversation feels effortless, as if we've known each other our entire lives.

"You know, Sav. There's something special about you, its like you understand me on a different level" I say, I can start to feel myself becoming more comfortable with him.

"I feel it too, Joss. It's not often I find someone who understands me" He says heartfeltly.

Our eyes meet once again, and there is a brief moment of silence filled with understanding that was unspoken.

"I'm so glad I got to meet you, Sav. I never expected to be sat in a coffee shop having lunch with a rockstar" I say still feeling a little starstruck.

"Your flatter me, but I'm glad I met you too, Joss" He said with a warming smile, just like the one that has become so familiar.

Later that day,

The sun sets, casting a warm glow through the window of my cozy apartment. I sit on the couch, cocktail in hand, reflecting on my wonderful day with Sav. The coffee shop meet up has left a smile on my face, I can't help but think about the connection I feel with him.

Then the phone rings, breaking my reverie. It's Sav.

"I had an amazing time today. Your company is truly special, I can't wait to see you again" he says down the phone.

My heart flutters at his sweet words, I quickly reply feeling the same excitement.

"I had an incredible time too, Sav. Your company is equally special. I'm looking forward to seeing you again" I reply while twirling my hair around my finger.

As the days pass, we continue to keep in touch, chatting on the phone regularly. We share more about our lives, dreams and aspirations.

2nd September 1989

The atmosphere is electric as I attend another Def Leppard concert, for the magazine article that I am working on. This time I feel a mix of excitement and nervousness, knowing that I'll see Sav again after the show.

After the concert I wait backstage, butterflies in my stomach. As the band comes off stage, Sav spots me and walk over with a smile.

"Jocelyn, you're here. Another amazing show, right?" He asked with open arms.

"Absolutely, you guys sure know how to put on a show" I say with exhilaration.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, how about we grab a drink together? Just the two of us" he asked leaning in to me.

"I'd love that" I say with a smile,

We headed to a nearby bar, where the music is softer and we can talk freely.

"You guys seem to be hanging around here a lot" I say wondering why they keep coming back.

"I just like talking to you so much, and we're recording some stuff here" he says with a smirk.

"Oh, I won't be getting rid of you anytime soon then" I say teasingly,

"Definitely not, I'm not that easy to throw away" he replied with a laugh,

We continued talking and laughing, until the atmosphere in the air turned a little more serious. Like he wanted to tell me something.

"Jocelyn, I can't stop thinking about you. I feel like what we have is special" he said looking deep into my eyes.

"I feel it too, Sav" I say looking back into his beautiful bright blue eyes.

"I don't want to rush anything, but I also don't want to hide how I feel. I really care about you, Jocelyn" he said as he softly places his hand over mine.

"I care about you too, Sav" I say matching his softness.

The chemistry between us is undeniable, or I think it is.

Sav leans in slowly, keeping his eyes on me the whole time. His lips meet mine and he gently kisses me. His lips are so soft and his movement is so gentle.

He kisses me deeply and passionately.

This is truly like a wild dream come true.