Chapter 14

I sit in my car, clutching the printed article I wrote about Def Leppard. My eyes well up with tears as I re-read my words about the band. My mind is filled with thoughts of Sav, and the pain that weighs heavily on my heart.

"Why does love have to be so complicated?" I ask myself in a whisper,

As I wipe away my tears, I notice something on the passenger seat - wrapped in tissue paper.

"What's this?" I ask myself surprised.

My curiosity piqued, I pick up the package to see my name delicately written in a hand that looks so familiar. I slowly peel back the tissue paper and it reveals an intricately designed book and a small box.

I slowly lift the lid off of the box, and it reveals a necklace.

Not just any. The necklace.

Just like the one my dad got me, Just like the one that I saw in the shop window that day with Sav.

It's a beautiful carved emerald hanging on a delicate chain.

I pick up the book, Its an intricately designed journal. Like something you would see in a fantasy movie.

I gently open it to the first page, to see delicately written words. In the hand that I now recognise.

It read.

Jocelyn,

I hope this letter finds you well, though my heart tells me it's heavy with pain. I never imagined that my love for you could lead us to this point, where words spoken in anger could cause such deep wounds.

I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for the hurt that I have caused you, I never meant to bring tears to your eyes or make you doubt my feelings for you. You are the light in my life, the melody that fills my soul with joy.

Since that night, I've spent countless hours reflecting on my actions, replaying the words I wish I could take back. I realise now how much you mean to me and how much I need you in my life. I promise you, with all my heart, that I will be a better man for you. I'll cherish your laughter and your dreams, and i'll support you in every way I can.

As I write this letter, I can't help but recall the moments we've shared - the laughter, the adventures and the quiet nights, lost in our world of love.

Please, Jocelyn. Find it in your heart to forgive me, I know I don't deserve it, but I'll spend a lifetime proving that my love for you is genuine. I love you more than words can say, and I'll do whatever it takes to make things right.

Yours forever,

Sav

My heart swells with emotions as I read Sav's heartfelt letter. I can feel his sincerity through every word.

"He loves me?" I question myself.

Without hesitation I step out of the car and I rush back towards the building with the journal in hand, I can't let this slip away.

I wander back through the halls, looking for faces that I recognise. As I come to a closed door on the hallway, I can hear the chatter of familiar voices.

"ENOUGH!" I heard a voice shout,

"Mr Thompson?" I whisper to myself wondering why he was in this conversation.

"Will someone please explain what is going on?" He asks the group in there.

There was a brief silence,

"Lisa?" Mr Thompson questioned,

"Alright, well. There was a plan that Adam and I came up with to help boost Rick's image. And well, Jocelyn was the heart of this plan. She was never supposed to find out" Lisa said in a condescending tone.