Future

Helloooo!

6k+ yayy! I'm glad people are enjoying this, it's fun to write, even thought there have been some technical difficulties.

Back to the main story finally🤩

I hope you all are enjoying 4.0 and all the wonderful new features in Fontaine.

------------

I nervously paced back and forth in my room. Freminet and I had temporarily parted ways back to our own homes, but tonight we would see eachother at the show, we even got seats beside eachother...

He had confirmed it was a date; I didn't know if I could psyc myself up to do it, what should I wear, what should I say. The questions were endless; 'maybe I need pickup lines' I thought to myself.

I spun round and to the mirror behind me and did finger guns with a grin.

"I'm not looking for no Saint..."

I bite my lip at my reflection.

"...but your an angel in my eyes~"

I facepalm and flop onto my bed in exhaustion. Obviously he wouldn't fall for a cheap, cheesy, manufactured pickup line.

I should just show up. Enjoy the show.

...maybe I could get another kiss on the wrist...?

'GAH! No...thats weird. To much to ask for.'

The voice in the back of my mind cringed; I couldn't help overthinking it all though.

I checked my bedside clock, I still half an hour before I had to leave for the show, or should I see it as not enough time? I did need to pick an outfit and make sure I had everything I needed.

After ten or so minutes of makeup and clothes I went over conversation starters in my head, I knew Freminet was also a fairly introverted person aswell, I hoped he wasn't as anxious as me this whole time. He didn't need to dress up a single bit of him to look beautiful.

I opened my front door walked out into the dusk sunset, the night air chill hit my face like a wave, I took the aquabus to the Opera Epiclese. Standing in front of the fountain, I played with my fingers nervously, he should be arriving anytime soon-

And then there he was.

Drop-dead gorgeous.

"Y/n, you look really...good."

He tucked a stray strand of hair from his fringe behind his ear, flirtatiously, though embarrassed. He wore thick platform shoes; giving him an extra inch or so to his height, pinstriped suit pants, his skintight undershirt with a long overcoat draped over the shoulders.

His eyes shone, he was most definitely wearing mascara. Freminet wore subtle makeup, not enough to cover his cute freckles, but he has the drip of a runway model.

His hair was tied in a small ponytail at the back of his head, albedo style, it looked as if it had taken hours to make look that perfect.

He outstretched his hand, Freminet's dainty fingers beckoning for my hand, he wore two rings of pure silver; fashionably placed.

I took his hand, his skin moisturized and soft, he bent his head down and kissed my wrist just as I had longed for once more.

(#chivalry will never die)

As Freminet's lips parted from my skin he looked up at me and winked seductively before almost crippling into tears, cupping his face in his hands.

"Freminet?! Are you okay...?"

I held his hand tighter, he hung his head and stated in a low voice;

"...Lyney was right...this is harder than I thought."

Ohh. It had not occured to me that his behaviour was entirely preformed as if mimicking his brother.

"Oh, haha...I see. You know you don't need to be like Lyney to be impressive..."

I blushed, but I didn't mind if it was noticed, I wanted Freminet to know that I believe in him. He was already incredible and talented on his own.

"...and by the way, you look stunning, sir."

I coughed nervously while attempting to recite my own unnatural scripted lines;

"You um- you are not...I meant, I don't want, a... a saint...your an angel. Wait no-! I mean, yes, but..."

Then sighed and lamely did finger guns with a slight toothy grin.

Freminet giggled, covering with mouth, his ears and cheeks turned pink. I awkwardly laughed back;

"...yeah."

Freminet smiled and turned to the Opera entrance, still ahold of my hand.

"Just in your words; you don't need to be someone who isn't you to be impressive, y/n."

My stomach fluttered with butterflies of anxiety and emotion.

"I admit...I was a little nervous for tonight."

He stopped walking and faced me.

"Do you know how much time I spent worrying about my literal socks?? You aren't even going to SEE my socks and I still got nervous over it. I think we can both agree that this is a safe space to talk but...I can tell you clearly spent time on your outfit aswell. Please don't worry what you look like for me."

I smiled sincerely at my feet; I guess we really both did think the same thing. My mind buzzed with possibilities.

"Thankyou...I promise I didn't go out of my way for anything, if this really is a safe space for me to speak my mind then yes, it's true I have been very nervous. I've...I've never been on a date with a pretty boy before, okay?"

Freminet moved a bit closer so that our arms were touching.

"Sorry, you spoke so quietly I couldn't hear you- pretty boy?"

He blushed, we entered the theatre and we have in our tickets, Freminet definitely looked as if he overthink things, he was smiling to himself like crazy.

"...um, my point was that this is a special occasion, I though I should dress up. You understand."

He nodded, we shimmied our way into our row and took our seats, Freminet continued holding my hand as we spoke sitting down.

"I...asked Lyney for a bit of advice. But...I don't really think...that's my sort of...y'know."

Even though this was the same boy who saved me a few days earlier, now that I knew him more he seemed to be such a changed person, I couldn't take my eyes of his gorgeous face. He gazed off in his own thoughts while I sat, dreamily looking at him.

"The show will be starting soon...we can talk after."

Freminet chuckled once he finally caught me staring.

"...you're the angel by the way."

He mumbled practically incoherently just as the room went black, the lights dimmed, and a bright spotlight shone down upon the red curtain on the empty stage.