Tide

Author's note

I've been thinking that once I reach 500 views I'll consider taking requests (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡
I apologise for any spelling errors (⁠'⁠-⁠﹏⁠-⁠';)

Thankyou for reading once again! I will definitely write headcannons and oneshots at some point soon aswell, please stay notified as there will be frequent updates, including me writing this as the third chapter I've written today...¯⁠\⁠_(*_*)_⁠/⁠¯

Am I at chapter 5 already?

*chapter 5*

Our hands remained interlocked for a moment too long...
Neither of us were going to pull out so we just sat on the bed stuck in an awkward handshake for the next minute.

Finally Freminet let go, glancing out the window, excusing himself from the situation.
"Oh...uh, well, you h-have anywhere to go from here?"

He asked visually embarrassed about his curiosity.

"I only recently traveled to Fontaine to fuel an 'inspiration', as my parents called it, to find an occupation I'm interested in... currently I am unemployed."

Why was I being so open about my predicament to a stranger...?
I hung my head as I continued.

"You see...out of all the nations I could have visited I chose Fontaine...even though I swim as well as a drunk hilichurl."

Freminet held back a giggle at my comment, considering he was quite an experienced professional diver, it was quite ironic that he had me myself of all people.
"We are complete opposites then I guess."

Freminet spoke with a lighthearted tone.

"Though at least as they say, opposites attract."

He realised momentarily how cringe he must sound like, he swung his legs off the bed and began heading for the ensuite.

"-well if you are ever, I don't know, lonely? ...call me up. Just ask anyone for Lyney and Lynette's brother and somehow you'll find me..."

I didn't want him to leave.
Not at all.
It seemed like fate had coupled my with Fontaine for this reason.
This must have been why I was there at that exact time at that exact place...so we would meet.

"Hey Freminet sir!"

I swiftly moved after him and embraced his back, my head resting between his shoulder blades, my arms locked around Freminet's thin yet muscular waist.

'I shouldn't act this irrationally.' I thought to myself. He was just as addictive to the touch...I felt safe and protected, loved, cared for...

Freminet's icy eyes glanced over his shoulder through his thin bangs before removing my left hand off his hip, intertwining his fingers with mine he moved to face me with just as close proximity as when we first met, he brought my hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss upon my wrist.

His lips were ever so delicate and smooth...the way he hand his snow-coloured eyes fixed on me throughout the kiss sent shivers down my spine.

I shouldn't feel this way about him at all...

"If you'll excuse me now y/n, I shall be getting dressed now-"
Freminet slowly let go of my hand leaving me frozen speechless with many mixed emotions.