Accompany

*chapter 4*

Warm...
Slowly I opened my eyes and rubbed my face, it was so cosy under my bedsheets, I felt as if I could just lay here forever in dreamland...

Wait-
I jolted upright gasping as if I had just had a nightmare.

A flood of memories washed over me as I looked around the room. I was in a large oaken room with a mirror and vanity desk decorated with romaritine flowers in a glass vase over in the corner of the room, a big window to my left filtered the bright sun through thin curtains, the beams of comforting light fell onto my cheeks.

I was in the inn wasn't I?
I... almost drowned last night...

I placed a hand on my chest, a soft heartbeat, my breath clear.

I sighed with relief.

"Good morning~"

I jumped, startled, whipping my head around to face the voice.

The blonde quiet boy seemed equally startled at my drastic reaction.

"Oh, I'm so sorry...!"
I turned my flustered face away, this was so embarrassing...

He sat kneeling at the opposite end of the bed, it looked as if he has been waiting for me to wake up.
...did we sleep in the same bed???

"... morning to you aswell sir."
I sat up and kneeled as he was.

"I... thankyou again."

I bowed deeply, the boy fiddled with the sheets nervously.

"Please, it really was nothing... I just happened to stumble across you."

He scratched his head timidly with flushed cheeks.
He wore black silk pajamas that seemed to match mine, it was beginning to occur to me that we had most likely slept in the same bed...and that he or a maid of some sort had changed me into these clothes...
Ahh...I was such a mess...

The boy seemed to noticed my disheveled and confused expression as he began to attempt to explain the predicament of the situation.

"W...well, last night you passed out most likely due to the fact that you haven't eaten in so long and your body was trying to process the shock that the temperature did to your system, infact your skin was still cold to the touch for hours later-"

He cut himself off by clearing his throat. It seemed he had been taking care of me this whole time himself.
With a red face he continued.

"-I tried to warm you up a bit more...they gave us this room for free for the night, said that my brother could easily pay them back later..."

He finished quietly, he really did seem like an introverted person.
The boy took a moment to think before looking up at me with an emotionless expression and outstretched his hand to shake my own.

"My official introduction... My name is Freminet, I'm glad I can finally officially consider you as a proper acquaintance. And you...?"

His name... I felt as if we were truly beginning to know eachother more. For real.

I took his hand, his skin just as soft as I remembered.

"I'm y/n. Also honoured to be able to meet you... officially."