Omega Scent

After they left, Viona called Ethan again, informed him about the dinner and asked him to prepare a good dinner for them.

On one hand, she didn't want him to work hard. But on the other hand, she wanted to show her friends that her omega was the best omega for her. Because she noticed they were not very happy about Ethan. But she didn't know it was because Helena was jealous and Mark didn't like Helena being sad.

Viona got back to her work and at home Ethan was on his mission.

Make a good dinner!

He didn't want to embarrass his alpha. So he put everything together and worked his best to prepare a beautiful dinner.

Since it was a home dinner, Viona specially asked him to make it in home style.

So he first planned the dishes and started moving.

He was good at cooking and quick at everything. So he had no problem with Viona's request.

She asked him to make shrimp because it was her omega friend's favourite. And she wanted to make chicken too because Mark was allergic to sea foods and only ate chicken as meat. 

So he made sure to be careful even when he was cooking.

He first prepared shrimp. He had all the ingredients at home, so no need to go shopping and buy them.

He boiled the shrimp and made a sauce to go with it. Actually working at a restaurant, he was simply a waiter. And it was not a big restaurant either.

However, when he was free, the chef would call him for help. Like cleaning dishes, sometimes peeling onions or something like that. After helping the chef many times, he finally thought of teaching Ethan some cooking lessons just because. 

It actually helped him to become an omega with proper cooking skills. 

He followed those recipes and ended up with a lot of dishes. He made a lot of side dishes, cooked rice, noodles and even some buns. After looking at the colourful dishes, Ethan had a great idea. He took a photo and sent it to Viona.

It was already 6 pm and Viona was walking to her car to go home. So when she saw those good-looking dishes, she felt she was already hungry. She was sure her friends were gonna be mind blown by her omegas talent.

Viona sent the address of her new home to Helena and Mark. Then she drove back home and rang the bell of her door waiting for Ethan to open the door.

Ethan opened the door with a bright look. But it suddenly dropped and Viona noticed it immediately. She thought he was feeling unwell. So she was worried and came closer to him, wanting to check on him.

But he took a step back and Viona saw him stepping away from her continuously.

"What's wrong?"

Viona had no clue why he was behaving strangely again.

"You smell like another omega."

Omegas are the type to get jealous easily. But they could do nothing if that alpha wanted to have more than one omega. Usually,  omegas would get mad at those times and it would be a time when a family started an argument.

But Ethan was not the same. He was always ready to give up. The smell was strong and that omega must have been very close to her.  He felt kind of sad.

Viona flinched at his answer and suddenly recalled Helena. 

Viona wanted to explain quickly because she couldn't handle any misunderstandings between them.

"It's my friend, she will be coming to dinner too. I am not close with any other omega. Only you are my closest. So don't think about it. I met her today and we three had lunch together. That must be why I smell like her. Don't be mad, okay? I will be careful in the future."

She didn't want to disappoint Ethan, but he was already disappointed because he felt her omega friend seemed to be very close to her. If not, that smell couldn't be that strong. And, the reason omegas leave their scent on their alpha was to warn others, he or she was his or her alpha. So what did that mean?

'Have I perhaps got a love rival?'

He guessed it right. It seemed like he had stolen someone's place and now they were mad. But he could do nothing about it.

He was in a daze thinking about all those things and didn't notice Viona had come closer. When that omega pheromones smell came from her, he couldn't let her get closer. He kind of hated that smell.

He didn't have any reason. But he felt very sour, maybe because thinking she had another omega closer than him...

"I am not mad... And I won't be mad."

If Viona wanted, he would not oppose her to have another omega. Because he thought he had no right to keep her to himself. Alphas could leave at any time, but omegas would have to stick to them for the rest of their lives.

"I will take a bath quickly then. They will come within half an hour."

She quickly ran to the bathroom and took a bath, cleaning off all that smell of Helena. She was kind of worried about how Ethan responded to it. When she heard Ethan say another omega's smell coming from her, she expected him to throw a tantrum and yell at her and be aggressive.

The thing was she would love it if he did so.

Alphas love when their omegas get possessive of them. It makes them proud and very happy. 

Alphas are always possessive of what is theirs and just a slight scent of another alpha on their omega, they might end up hurting their partner trying to remove that smell from them. Alphas hate sharing omegas. If Viona thought Ethan was hers, she would not let any alpha touch him. They are very possessive.

Viona was a little sad that Ethan didn't make a fuss about it like how she would do if she were to smell another alpha from him. 

Ethan simply backed off as if he was telling her that I don't care, you can do whatever you want.

That hurts...

He was not serious enough with her. It made her so upset that it remained in her heart for a long time until she finally got the chance to ask him later.

...

"Hello, are you home? We are here!"

The guests arrived.