Check Up

"Preston? Babe are you ready? We have to leave in 5 minutes" I said as he came running from the living to the front door getting his shoes.

"I'm ready, let's go" He said as he gets his keys from the pocket and made our way to the car.

The drive to the hospital was great there's no traffic and stuff like that so it was peaceful.

After, half an hour drive we arrived. "I have an appointment from Dr. Walters" I said to the women on the front. "Uh. Your name please" she said as she rummage through her computer. "Brianna Arsement" I replied. "Okay.. if you go up floor 2 and the hallway to the left in room 035 just go straight in." she said and we both nodded. Preston took my hand and led us to the elevator.

We reached room 035 and took a deep breath before going in I opened the door to see a older woman inside.

"Hi you must be Brianna? I'm Dr. Walters and I'm your obgyn." She said as she stands,

"So before we start I'm going to ask you both, so take a seat first so we can take notes of everything we need to do. "Okay so the first thing, I know it's on the early days, but how would you like to deliver the baby? C-section or naturally?" She asked.

"Naturally, all natural. I'd like to keep the gas tube and also I don't want an epidural or anything like that" the doctor nodded and wrote down everything I said.

"Okay speaking of birthing, would you like a water birth? Home? Or here?"

"Uh. We were thinking hospital just incase something bad happens doctor's here to help" Preston answers she nodded and adding it down,

"Now have you thought of any birthing classes?" I shook my head and so does Preston. "Since you want natural. I suggest doing a couple of these classes. Even a parenting classes if you aren't used to handling kids especially babies and it can be very useful. Take these magazines home and have a read" she said as she passed down a bunch of fliers over from the table. I took them and put them in my bag.

"Great now, let's go do the sonogram" we all stood up and led us both over to the sonogram machine and the bed. I laid in bed and lifting my shirt up.

"Now because it's your first sonogram, I'm going to be doing it but from now on a nurse will be doing and I'll be just checking in to make sure everything's great." I nodded as she put some gel on my belly.

As she scans through my belly And I took Preston's hand and looked at the screen,

"Okay there's the baby. There's the head, and arms and legs. You're a lot further that I ought you'd  be. You don't have a bump yet but it looks like you're about 7 weeks. So one more week you'll have your 12 week scan, so today's date is January 15th and I can now work on your due date, and get you ultrasound pictures. And I'll meet you guys back her." I nodded as I sat up and wiped the gel off.

-

"So the next scan we will be doing all the test and hear the baby's heartbeat. So you've had your first scan and this was it. You'll the have your 2nd next week. And you'll have your 20 week scan, for the gender and one week before your due date which is on 17th of September. I can book you in for your scans right now if you guys like one?" She said and I nodded.

She booked every single one, and noted it down for us, she also gave us a list of what we need for the labour, gave us the ultrasound pictures and wishes us luck.

659 words