February: Part Five

Chaewon received the text from Yunjin sometime around ten that morning.

Yunjinie :   Good morning sunshine, I hope you're up.

I missed sleeping with you last night :(

Chaewon grinned at her phone as her thumbs dashed rapidly to formulate a reply.

(; Chaewonnie <3: Morning babe. And I slept just fine

Yunjinie : Mmm I should think so.

Chaewon, I'm so so sorry about this, but can we raincheck the mall today?

?Chaewonnie <3: Yeah, of course. Family time

Yunjinie : Dear god no.

I actually got my period and I can't take the pain.

I'm just miserable in bed.

Chaewon pouted. If Yunjin was complaining, it must have been painful. She bit her lip, jotting down a reply.

.Chaewonnie <3: Okay baby. Feel better. I love you

Yunjinie : I love you more, Chaewonnie.

Chaewon was already throwing on her clothes, dashing for the store. She was going to baby her girlfriend with every fiber of her being.

After all, what were girlfriends for?

*

Chaewon's biceps were bulging through her sleeved shirt as she carried several tote bags up Hyolyn's insanely long driveway, cursing her girlfriend's family for being entirely too affluent.

She'd gone above and beyond, spending a good chunk of her monthly salary on anything Yunjin could ever want. She'd bought extra tampons, chocolates, Yunjin's favorite tea, some candles, and she'd even gone out of her way to go to the confectionery store to buy the most elegant (and expensive) chocolate-covered strawberries. Not only that, but she also brought some of Yunjin's favorite movies.

And Chaewon didn't work until the evening, so it was the perfect day to coddle Yunjin to her heart's content.

She was surprised to find the front door open, as if someone had forgotten to close it. And then she noticed Kazuha lacing her shoes at the front step.

"Hey Kazuha." Chaewon greeted, arms nearly trembling.

Kazuha's eyes shot up and she was on Chaewon like a dart, taking the extra weight off her arms as she dispensed them inside the house. "Kim. You don't believe in multiple runs?"

Chaewon blushed. "Not on this driveway, I don't."

Kazuha smirked at that, resuming her previous activity of lacing her running shoes.

"You're running?" Chaewon asked, feeling like an idiot for stating the obvious.

Kazuha nodded curtly. "Yunjin was supposed to join me, but she's out sick on her time of the month." Kazuha rolled her eyes. "Spoiled little princess is what she is."

Chaewon chuckled, biting her lip. "She's in her room, right?"

Kazuha smirked, nodding. "As far as I know. Why, you scared she's out sampling the local variety of SSE cheerleaders?"

Chaewon rolled her eyes. "No. I just...brought all this stuff for her."

Kazuha's gaze softened to something sweet and melancholy. "That's good." She murmured, rising to clap Chaewon on the back. "You're good to her."

"I try." Chaewon murmured with a small smile as Kazuha saluted, jogging off down the mountainous driveway.

Chaewon glanced back at her running figure, wondering if she ever got lonely. Chaewon worried her lip instead and lifted all her bags with renewed vigor, eager to see her love. She passed through the house, frowning when she heard no voices. Eunchae must not have been home, and the adults seemed to be away.