January: Part Three

The doorbell rang and a smile immediately crossed Yunjin's face, but before she could move to get up, Eunchae was out of her seat like a shot, bolting across the floor, her sock-clad feet easily skidding to her destination.

"I've got it!" she called unnecessarily over her shoulder, and Yunjin laughed lightly as she practically flung the door open, Chaewon's face obscured by a large brown bag of groceries.

"Honey," she called teasingly, and Yunjin felt her smile widen, cheeks aching slightly from the pressure, "I'm home." Eunchae took the groceries from her with ease, and Chaewon smiled down at her and ruffled her hair, pressing a quick kiss to her forehead. At the sight of the two of them being so familiar with one another, Yunjin felt herself turn into a small puddle of goo, and she knew if she'd been alone a soft utterance of aww would have escaped her lips.

"Thanks, Eunchae," Chaewon laughed, before quickly making her way over to Yunjin, who was leaning on the entrance to the kitchen. She pressed a soft kiss to both of the girl's cheeks, before standing on tip-toe to reach Yunjin's forehead, kissing the spot between her eyebrows.

"Hey," she whispered, somewhat breathlessly, as Yunjin pulled her closer, the taller girl smiling down at her.

"What?" Yunjin teased. "No kiss on the lips?"

"Not with that attitude, no," Chaewon shot back, and Yunjin pouted. The artist went to move away, but Yunjin spun her back around, swallowing Chaewon's laugh as she pressed their lips together quickly. As she made to deepen the embrace, Eunchae coughed awkwardly, and Yunjin huffed when Chaewon pulled away with an apologetic glance.

"Sorry Eunchae," Chaewon laughed, and she shook her head, glancing between the two of them.

"I'll be in my room, pretending I don't exist," she assured them, and Chaewon abandoned Yunjin's side to pull her in for a quick hug.

"I'll call you down when dinner's ready," she told her, "we don't want you to starve, now, do we?" Eunchae grinned up at her before saluting at Yunjin and scampering up the stairs.

"You're so good with her," Yunjin murmured, once more pulling Chaewon into an embrace, peppering kisses along her face.

"She's a joy," Chaewon assured her, "she's like, my new best friend."

"I thought that was me?" Yunjin pouted, and Chaewon laughed softly.

"You're a little more than that," she consoled, and Yunjin sighed contentedly, breathing in the scent of Chaewon's shampoo and reveling in the warmth that radiated from the other girl.

Despite her protests, Yunjin was truly in awe of the way Chaewon interacted with her little sister. No matter how many times she thought about it, or said it aloud, it was truly astounding to her.

Chaewon was too good for her.

Yunjin knew her own worth.

She was successful in everything she participated in, whether it be school, or sports, or just life in general. She'd entered the world leaps and bounds ahead of her peers just because of her name, and thus had grown up already displayed on a golden pedestal. But Chaewon? Chaewon was so much better than she could ever hope to be.

Chaewon was wholesome and good in all of the places that Yunjin lacked. She was brightness and sunshine and warmth while Yunjin was a jaded echo of a person still trying to find her way in the world. While Yunjin had worth in business and sports and wealth, Chaewon was simply a good person, and Yunjin often felt that she didn't deserve her.

"Hey." Yunjin's eyes opened slowly to find Chaewon's brown gaze locked onto her own, concern shining in dark orbs. "You okay?"

"Mhm," Yunjin assured, "just thinking."