-Chapter Five-

-
TW: Slight Mentions of Abuse

Enjoy
-

"Gregory, I swear my scanners are saying there is still a kid here!" Sun said in a panicked tone.

You had seen Moon go up to the little balcony above the ball pit, so he couldn't just find you right now. That was the only thing you were worried about, being found. From what you heard, Moon has what seems like an infrared sensor built into him.

Gregory let out a sigh. "Sundrop, no child is here. They've all been taken home by their family."

"But, I can tell there still is one!" He let out a small complaint. His face formed a pout.

You faintly heard Gregory sigh. "Sun, let's have you rest, okay? Your scanners probably just haven't updated fully. And, we can have Moon look around later."

"Okay..."

From behind the slide, you watched them ascend upward using the wire. With the stealth you've learned, your feet moved quickly and quietly as you moved yourself out of the ball pit into the play structure once more.

()()()

It was the same timing as last time, yet the lights didn't go off. You focused on trying to hear anything possible. Nothing. There was nothing... well, aside from the jingling bells.

Wait... BELLS!? Was Moon already looking for you? No. No, no, you can't... you'll be taken home, your mother might he contacted, or worse... you'll be sent somewhere else entirely! Never see Jinx again...

You shook your head at the thought. They wouldn't do that, you just... had to explain why you were still there, but... that won't work. They would think you're lying! Surely, no matter what you said, you'll be taken away... forever...

"Why are you here after hours?" You jumped slightly at hearing Moon's voice. You had such keen hearing, surely you would've heard him like you do when you hear the sound of footsteps, being able to depict the gender, animal, or even age. But, why not Moon?

You stuttered an answer. "O-Oh... uhm... I-I was told to..."

"We don't typically allow kids overnight," he said as he softly crept closer to you. He sat on his knees in front of you, meeting your own gaze.

Your eyes panned away from Moon. The thought of even seeing him while you speak was... it made your heart pound in worry. After all, despite you knowing it was respectful, you were told to only look in the eyes of another if it were for threats or pleas. Neither you were doing. "I know... but I..." You stopped, trying to think of the right way to answer this.

"Who told you to stay overnight?" Moon tilted his head to the side, trying to meet your gaze again. He didn't want to startle you by completely making you by holding your face.

A small, quietly muttered answer followed suit, "My brother..."

"And why?"

This made you just back away. You weren't ever good with question after question, even if they were easy, simple questions. The idea of a single slip up, lie or truth, made you upset, as a slip in any form of words would instantly result in no food. Water you were lucky to get, even on the regular, she rarely ever took it away, food. However, she took that away very often. It was the main reason you learned how weird your bones moved. You were also completely under-fed, but surprisingly, hid it very well.

"Well?" He asked. It wasn't in a rude way. It was more so... in a way a parent should, calming and letting the child take their time. "I won't hurt you, of that's what you're scared about."

Your mouth opened to speak, but barely any words came out. The ones that did didn't make even the slightest sentence. "I- home- Jinx -" After a few words, I just stopped speaking.

Moon placed a hand on my head, but I panicked and flinched away. I've never had anyone touch my head before, so I thought it was something bad.

Instead of hurting me in any possible form, he just... patted me. His hand softly touched my head repeatedly. It was... calming, and I just began to feel myself calm down, my breathing going mostly stable.

"What... what are you doing...?" You asked quite timidly. You worried he would actually hurt you for even asking such a simple question.

"Giving head pats," he said with a soft, calming smile on his face. It gave you reassurance that he most definitely wouldn't hurt you. "Have you never had any?"

"The only kind of 'head pats' I had were getting hit with hard things," you muttered in nervousness of him knowing such information.

He was silent. His gaze just... still. You began to think you said something wrong.

"Y/N... you... you get abused...?"

-
Heya!

What a chapter ending, huh?

Anyways, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

823 Words
-

(BTW, on my account message board, for the future ending. Pick one or two, please. (Not forcing))