Chapter 6: Growth to Change (Remade)

Chapter 6:

“Now then, Kiba~” Rias Gremory enticingly attends.

Issei excitedly exclaims, “Oh, shit! Don’t tell me-!”

“It’s time for your punishment…” over her hand the gremory house sigil spins, “1000 spankings~.”

“WHAT!?”

Standing beside Xenovia, Yamato feintly smiles to the family, “Love the sinner, but hate the sin…”

Holding onto her Durandal, she looks at the fragments of excalibur. “What… What should I do, oh, Messenger of the Lord?”

Coughing heavily, Yamato punches his chest, “- Anything...” Picking up the fragment of nightmare, Yamato feins glee as he shatters the blade. “You know a great burden… it’s your choice on what to do next.” He takes a deep and rough breath, “Funny, it’s as close to the matrix breaking you - Human’s like as so.”

“What of you, Sir Angel.”

“Myself?” Weaving the shards of the sword in threads of golden fire, he thinks to himself for a long minute. “I’ll be staying in this town for a bit longer. To think, the Red Dragon Emperor is about to meet his destined rival; I will overlook this conflict until I must partake in sides.”

She lifts up her durandal and puts it away in its portal, “Will it be Hyoudou, or the other?”

“A good question, but one that implies I side with outside of Heaven.” Spreading his brown wings of only one large pair, he flakes off ash that hangs in the air. “Do you see that man? The one speaking to Issei…” He holds his throat as his coughs grow deeper.

She nods, “I was going to wait to ask.”

“He is Rias’ older brother, King Lucifer… I heard him as fair, but never met…” under his breath he curses himself. “In any case- I must repent…”

“Repent?” She ponders.

“Yes. Today- I looked with lust… lust to a, woman.” He walks away, passing the students and peerages of the school.

Standing out in front of the club as the sunrise shines into the room, two forces of opposing life stand side by side as new members. Wearing uniforms of a sir and madam, Yamato M. Uriel and Xenovia V. Quarta are of contrasting personalities and looks in their pre-welcoming celebration.

Standing in shock as his arm pulsates, Issei holds his arm, “Prez, why are they here?”

“Well, she's the newly made knight of the House of Gremory.” Rias smiles and waves, “Welcome home, Xenovia.”

“Wait, she’s your new knight? This has to be a joke.” Exposing her wings, Issei yells and falls on his ass. “Does this mean you also joined!?”

“Insult me again, and I’ll be the next warmonger…” Yamato clears his throat, “Sorry, I forgot to be friendly… I am a new student, and a club member, and am tired…” He says between coughs.

“I too just transferred as a second year student today.” Deadfaced and still bodied, she lightens her voice to a slightly softer tone, “It looks like we get to work together.”

Yelling in shock again, Issei scolds her, “Don’t try to sound cute while making that face!”

Holding her chin she speaks to herself, “My goal was to mimic Irina, but I guess I just didn’t quite get it right.”

Issei asks her, “So like, are you sure this is what you wanted?”

“Without God I have no meaning. I honestly don’t know if becoming my old enemy was the best thing. But, for the little sister of the Devil King, she’s been shockingly kind. Oh I hope I’ve made the right choice, I feel like I have but there’s so much doubt.” Clasping her hands together she holds them to her chin, “Please help me, oh Lord!” She shrieks half-heartedly as the headache strikes her.

“I tried talking her out of it, but she refused…” Patting her head, Yamato chuckles. “We angels don’t have a way to reincarnate like you Devils… I’m glad that of the clans, it was yours, Lady Gremory.”

Issei looks over Xenovia’s shoulder with amazed eyes, gleaming with stars, “Woah, you’re actually nice!?”

With a smile on his face and a cold tone, “I will rip your ears off-” coughing, he clears his throat again, “Sorry. Let me introduce myself: I am Uriel Yamato, please call me Yamato… I was formerly a Miracle Child, but now I am an angel…” Crossing his left foot behind his right ankle, he stands the left foot on his toes, he then crosses his right arm over his stomach and bows. “It was kind of you, Lady Rias, to allow me this stability for the time being.”

“Of course, it is great to have you here.” Standing up, Rias proudly holds her hands on her hips, “Now, we got two new members, I think it’s about time we the Occult Research Club back open for business!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Issei raises his hand, “Wait, I thought he wasn’t a Devil!” A loud slap echoes throughout the forest outside.