Chapter 3: The Alpha

Chapter 3

“I swear, I’m just not being allowed to sleep anymore…” Walking out a magic circle, Yamato lets out a long yawn as he joins the two groups in the dirt road, “So, what seems to be the… Oh fuck.” Being held by the queen of Sitri, Tsubaki, Shidou is cut up and half naked. A blonde girl with emerald eyes heals Shidou with rings of silver leaf petals, around her cupped hands a sphere of green light.

“My family found her like this, no one else in sight.” Gremory informs him. “We can’t be too near her, with the wounds being holy her blood is poison to us.”

“What of Xenovia and Yuuto?” Yamato slithers his way to Shidou and kneels down, off the chest pocket of his shirt he takes out the pin and puts it on the chain of her crucifix. The pin glows a strong green the same as the healer’s rings, healing Shidou rapidly.

“We’ve yet to find them.”

Yamato lets out a low sigh, “They must’ve separated, she’ll heal slowly because of the holy nature of the weapons, but that blind faith saved her from more grievous wounds.” He grabs Shidou arms, her band missing from both. “Fallen like Kokabiel aren’t so merciful… what is he thinking?”

“Oh how right you are!” The devils hold their chests in pain as a holy sensation waffs around the area, from behind a tree the stray exorcists comes out, “Howdy doodie, I’m here to see what’s in Devil soupie!”

“Freed!” Hyoudou runs in front of the healers and activates his sacred gear, “Boost!” The red gauntlet envelopes his left arm, the green crystal orb.

Jumping over Issei, Sitri and Gremory point large magic circles at the stray exorcist. “Woah, woah! Don’t blaze the messenger.” Freed says sarcastically, holding up his hands. “Someone wants to talk to you.”

“Message?” Gremory asks, “Which someone?”

“My boss!” The sky grows dark and distorted, the once beautiful sunset fades as they are shrouded in a blanket of blue to pink skies nebula much as the eyes of Yamato decorate the gaze.

“Kokabiel…” Yamato mutters under his breath.

Hovering in place in robes of black, a man as pale as the dead. From his back ten wings sprout, wings that are black yet more so smokey than true black. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Daughter of the House of Gremory; I am Kokabiel.”

“The pleasure is all mine, I’m sure, and please call me Rias. So you’re the leader of the dark angels, it’s nice to put a face with a name.”

“Your crimson hair is quite breathtaking, just as lovely as the scarlet haired devil king; even the facial expressions are similar. That is absolutely nauseating.”

“Thank you. Is there something you’d like to discuss with me, or are you just here to review my appearance? Not that I’m rushing you, it’s nice to see a leader so close up.

“I’m thinking  I’d like to do a little damage while I’m here, starting with this institution and moving on to the rest of the town.”

“Why would you want to harm our school?

“I figure if I do, Sirzech would have to emerge to help out his sister. What do you think?”

“If you choose to do that, then you would be starting the war against god, the fallen angels, and the devils all over again”

“Better than what I got after stealing the excaliburs, I was sure Micheal would come after me. But all I got were some ameture exorcists and two pathetic holy sword users. Even then, it was only a weak angel that came in response.  Honestly, it was disappointing”