15

Emma's pov
It's been a few more days of hell in this bloody bed. Alfie is with me again. Alone this time. John's with Tommy seeing to business. Arthur visited a bit ago with Polly and Ada. He asks "what?" Seeing my look and I sit up wincing a bit "get me outta here Alfie. The food is shit, the bed is shit, I'm gonna leave with or without your help" he shrugs "alright let's go" packing my stuff throwing it over his shoulder. He helps me put shoes on. The door opens and it's John and Arthur "what's goin on?" Arthur asks as John raises an eyebrow with a smirk "think we just interrupted her getaway Arthur" I huff "can't take being in here anymore. Help me or move out my way" standing wincing slightly. Arthur says "Alfie Tommy needs ya at the garrison" he nods and kisses my temple "get er home safe" I nod and John goes to just pick me up and I stop him "I have to walk." To get used to it. Arthur says "Tommy's gonna have both our hide put er back in bed"

I say "I'll take the heat. As I said move out my way or help me. Tommy won't be happy you helped me but he definitely won't be happy you left me to fend for myself, while injured" Arthur chuckles "let's go lass" we make it to the desk and I sign myself out. We drive to the house and make our way inside and I mutter "thank fuck" "Emmy what are you doing here!" Tommy snaps. Fuck. The boys sigh and set me down "she insisted Tommy" "then say fuckin no!" He snaps. I say "I would've left with or without their help Tommy"

"Besides you're supposed to be at the garrison with Alfie" I reply. He huffs "change of plans" he kneels beside me "why would you leave the hospital you need to be looked after and treated love" I stroke his face "I can't stay there any longer Tommy. We can always just have a doctor come here for a visit as well. I'll be fine." He shakes his head "you're serious" I tell him "I can't stay there anymore Tommy. You wouldn't have either" he nods and kisses me "guess I should show you what I've got for us then" picking me up "I can walk" I say and he kisses me "not without pain." And he sets me in the car Alfie and the Shelby's following.