8

Tommy's pov
I feel like shit. He was about to rape her! I wake the next morning and can't believe I actually confessed and made her mine. She wakes and looks at me and smiles "what?" I stroke her hair and send her a smile "nothin. You're pretty is all" she kisses me "morning Thomas" getting out of bed nude and we bathe and she dresses in

 You're pretty is all" she kisses me "morning Thomas" getting out of bed nude and we bathe and she dresses in

We head to a meeting called by John. John talks about wanting to marry Lizzie stark. A prostitute. What the fuck? She chuckles "maybe she has changed but jumping into a marriage just because the kids need a mother ain't the answer John. Rushing ain't the answer" before we can make more jabs at Lizzie Finn comes in and tells us we've been done over. Fuck. I grab her hand and we head to the house seeing Scudboat beat up. She checks on him and he's okay. Just a bit of pain. I tell her "let's go" "where are you going?!" Arthur asks and I say "to fix this" and I take my girl with me to the Lee's. I announce how I'm related to them and she does the same. I say "I'll betray billy kimber but I need the men to do it" John has to marry one of em.

A deal is made. She asks me as we walk back "and how are you gonna stop John from marrying Lizzie clark" I say "I'll solicit her as a test" "Thomas!" She scolds worry in her eyes. I cup her face "I won't do it. I'll just see if she'll take the money. Get her outta town. Away from John. I love you" she knows my past with Lizzie. Short. But still sexual. She says "I don't like it" I promise her "I won't let her touch me. I won't touch her. I have you. And I'll always want you love. I love you. Nothin is gonna change that. I gotta do this to get John to marry the lee girl. Then we're set" she nods "okay" I kiss her and we head home just for Polly to tell us a new issue with Ada and her pet. She tells us her strategy and we go through with it just for the asshole to decide his vendetta against us is personal. Fuck.

We head home just for billy kimber to come. I have her on my lap my hands on her hips as we pass a smoke to one another. He gives us our legal betting license. Finally. Now I can kill him. He eyes her "when those nine months are done. You still owe me two hours" I clench my jaw. Polly asks her "you pregnant with tommys kid?" Fuck. I give my aunt a look and say "she's my woman and not up as meat for you or anyone else. Thought I made that obvious when I put my child in her" stroking her flat stomach for effect "you can have whatever whore meets your fancy. But my woman ain't one of em" I tell him. He leaves. John asks "you knocked Emma up eh?" With a smirk. I roll my eyes "no. There is no baby on the way. It was a lie to get him to leave er alone" Polly nods "good. We don't need another baby right now. But eventually...definitely" she says "who says I want for a child?" Raising her eyebrow. We've talked about it. She does. Just when it's safe to.

I chuckle "pol we just got together officially can we not talk of babies so soon?" Polly says "you two just about gave me a heart attack saying you were expecting" and walks off.

Finn comes over and tells me about Grace and her questions with Arthur who told her the truth" I nod and we move the stuff and leave whiskey and cigarettes to be found and then we go to the church and confront her and her lies. But not that we know she's an agent. She says "I was just curious about what a man like you does." "A man like me? I assure there's nothing of the sort grace." She smiles and I look at my woman who's a bit away looking around. Neither one of us much for the faith. Though it interests her. The stories atleast.