9

Emma's pov
I've taken the money Thomas has given me deciding to make him wait to see my choice in the dress I'll wear. It's almost time to go and I dress in

 It's almost time to go and I dress in

I do my hair as well

I make my way downstairs to see Thomas sitting on a chair in the living room

I make my way downstairs to see Thomas sitting on a chair in the living room. He stops whatever conversation he was having with arthur his attention on me. His eyes roaming, dark, he comes over and pulls me to him and mutters "turn around. Go upstairs. Bend over your dresser for me. Now" his voice husky. I chuckle at his roaming hands and grab them in mine "not now we're going to be late Thomas" he mutters "you're mine later" I grin and we head out with the group. We make it to the Lee's and Thomas says "John" he steps forward and tells him the plan. John shakes his head getting upset and saying no.

I walk to him and grasp his face "look at me John. Look at me" he does "don't make me do this Em. Don't" he sniffles. I wipe his eyes "she's a good one John. You'll like her. I met her, I know you and I know she's good. You do this and we're set J. Your kids will have a decent mother and you'll have a decent wife. You may not love her right away but with time you will." He hugs me and I hold him for a second "you got this John" letting him go and I pin the flower to his suit. "Perfect"

And we start to walk as Thomas talks to the men "when are you and Thomas tying the knot Em?" I chuckle "who knows. We just officially put a label onto what we are." "So? You've been dancin around your feelings for years now. You love one another and that's what matters. Time don't mean shite. Don't waste yours. I wasted mine" he says.

I reply "it ain't the right time I don't think. There's a lot of shit goin on. Tonight will do them all well" avoiding it. It's not that I don't want marriage and kids. Our life isn't safe for bringing children into it. We have to build so people are too afraid to come after us. "Excuses Em. What's really stopping ya" Thomas comes "ready" and we nod and we sit and watch John marry. Soon it's time to party and Thomas stands "dance with me" I take his hand and he leads me into a dance his eyes on me. I smile "what?" He says "don't you want this" motioning to the wedding.

I chuckle "one day" "you know I'll never let anyone hurt you or our future children. And anyone who tries will die screaming" he assures me. "You heard me and John" I point out. "Perhaps I did" he tells me spinning me pulling me to him "I want to make sure you never go wanting for anything in your life again. You don't have to you're mine. My lady. My property" possessive. Fun.