3

Emma's pov
I wake and get off the couch heading to the kitchen wincing slightly at my ribs. I sit besides Thomas and he asks "what are you doing up Em? You should be resting?" "When's that meeting?" I ask lighting a cigarette. He says taking it and taking a drag "why do you wish to know?" I give him a blank look "I'm going Thomas" he shakes his head "no you're not. I need you here, safe, and healing. Not at a meeting that can become violent" I send him a smile "good thing you're there then huh?"

"You're not going" he tells me. His eyes piercing me.

I tell him "I'll see you there Thomas since you're being this way" "what way? Protective? Look at ya

I tell him "I'll see you there Thomas since you're being this way" "what way? Protective? Look at ya. Of course I'll be protective of ya right now especially! He tried to" he huffs and continues not even being able to say it "ya ain't going you'll be safe here. I'll come back to take ya home." I remind him "I might be injured but I'm a peaky fuckin blinder Thomas. I'm not laid unable to move or dead. I'm still doin my duties. I can withstand a meeting Thomas"

He huffs "why can't you just listen to me this one time and just bloody stay here Emmy?" Annoyed. I reply "why can't you just accept my decision?" "Because it's bloody stupid Emma! It's stupid you want to hiss your way through the ride there and go see the assholes who are hiding who did this to ya! It's stupid ya wanna potentially see that prick! I'm tryin to protect ya!" He huffs.

"I don't need protection Thomas! And I want to see that prick. I want to see his fear, I want to see him panic, and I want to watch him die. I'm going to that meeting" I reply and he tugs me into a heated kiss. I melt into him tugging at his hair and he groans. My heart beating out of my chest. "You needn't worry about him anymore love. Promise. If that group is smart they'll hand over who did this to ya. And I'll deal with it Yeah? You don't gotta face that bastard" he says gently. "I want to face him Thomas" "how bout this. You stay here and if we get him I'll give you a call" he offers. I chuckle "I'm going to the meeting Thomas. Let them see what their man did and tried to get away with" he nods and kisses me softly "fine"