Chapter 8

It was again a typical day, nothing special. The only thing that bothered me those past days was that, does Tom has things going on with our mafia? I mean we had a deal, this for sure wasn't the first time I guess. I tried not to think about him.

Right now I'm with my mother. We went out shopping, because when wanted my opinion for a dress. To be specific, right now we are in a luxurious store with much of expensive things. She was in the changing room and I waited for her, sitting at a chair.

She came out, she wore a beautiful green dress. She did a 360 and waited for me to speak. "Well, that dress is absolutely amazing but, green is not your color. Nope" I said and she groaned.

"But, sweetie it's the last one that I picked" she said. I sighed and got up. "Okay, I'll look for something else". I turned around and looked around on the beautiful clothes. As I was looking a white dress got my attention, it was my size and so stunning.

I picked an electric blue dress for my mother. I went to her and handed the dress to her. "Wear this, I think it will suit you very well" She nodded and went back to change. I waited again but I was thinking about that beautiful white dress.

My mother came out and showed me the dress on her. I checked her out and gestured for her to do a swirl. She did and I smiled widely. "That's the one, it fits you perfectly and it's so beautiful. That shade of blue goes really well with your blonde hair." I complimented her and she smiled to me.

"Okay, then we'll get this one" My mother said and changed back in her clothes. When she came back to me again she asked me "But what will you wear on the ball? I got my dress."

I sighed and looked away. "Mom, you know I don't want to be a part of those things" I said in a low calm voice. "Oh come on! You always get an invitation to those but never go! Just, do it for me!" she desperately begged me.

"Fine!" I said and smiled. My mother clapped her hands and dragged me with her to look for dresses. "Actually, my eye caught one..." I said shyly and she nodded. I showed her the dress and pushed me to the changing room. I got in the dress and went to show it to my mother.

"Perfect!"

✹✹✹

We had returned back home. I got the dress I liked and I was happy about it. I can't even believe that I agreed to go to that ball. Oh let me talk to you about it! So, that ball is a very big one. A lot of mafia people meet there. The hosts are very powerful in the mafia.

I've always been invited to those but I never wanted to go. I don't like crowded placed and things like that. You never know if they are gonna attack us or something. But my family that went every time said that nothing happend.

The ball is tomorrow and of course me and my mother went shopping on the last minute. I think I'm alright with the thought of going to the ball.

I was really bored and I wanted to go out. And now you'll ask me, weren't you out before? Yeah but I want to go out again. I feel like I can't breathe in this house. Since I was already in the clothes from before, I got my keys and walked to the garage.

I got in my motorcycle and put my helmet on. I turned the engine on and I drove through the gates. I didn't about going anywhere but then I had an idea. The drive was 30 mins. I went up to a hill and parked. I got out my bike.

I sat down on the ground and admired the beautiful view. The sun was setting of, the sunset was so magical. It had different colors, like pink, orange, purple. I quickly pulled out my phone and took a Pic of it.

Yes, I'm that person who takes photos of the sky. I don't know why, but when the sky is beautiful for me, I want to take a photo of it.

I come here often, it's like my safe place. When I'm here alone, I feel like it's just me again. I don't have to worry about work or my problems. I leave it all behind me.

I like coming here and sit in silence. Right now, it's just me and my thoughts. No one knows about this place and what means to me, except from Dario of course.

I was humming a song now, the sky was dark now. It was already night. But, I don't mind staying here for more hours. I have to clear some things in my head, coming here it also helps me think.

So let's see. First, we have work business, nah I don't want to think about that. Second, the ball, this one will be fine. Third, Tom. This man is still on my mind and not for good.

I can't really do anything with him right now, I'll just avoid him and I'll never see him again. He probably still have people spying on me. He's such a pussy, if he wants to learn about me he can just come and talk to me.

That night, everything seem so fine and I was growing to like him. But then out of nowhere he tells me that he knows about me. Because, he spied on me... I don't know how to feel about this anymore.

A couple of hours had passed now. I decided that it was time to leave. I got on my motorcycle again and drove back home.

I arrived at my house. I walked in and my family was in the living room. I went to them and I noticed my aunt and my uncle as well. "Oh hello!" I said to everyone and they all turned to me.

"Victoria! You came back. Come, sit with us." My dad said and I nodded my head. I took a seat next to my brother. "Victoria, it's so good to see you again dear" My aunt, Veronica, said to me with a smile. She came to me and hugged me.

"It's so good to see you both too! Is Mia with you by the way?" I asked. Mia is their daughter and my favorite cousin. "Yeah, she is but she went to sleep" Veronica said again. I smiled and nodded my head at her.

I spent some time with them. We talked a lot and laughed together. They had came back for the ball. I was very tired so I excused myself and went to sleep as well.

I got in my room and changed into my pj's. I instantly laid on my bed. I shifted many times as I tried to get comfortable. When I finally did, I dropped dead.