A Kodaline song

I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer 4 years ago and a shocking turn of events happened. Dr Hallaway was charged for misdiagnosing patients, and I found out through our local newspaper. It was the headline for 6 weeks straight at first my family didn't consider the option that I was one of the misdiagnosed patients, but the chemo wasn't working and the religious miracle aspect disappeared, my dad decided we should get a second opinion, Lo and behold I was cancer free.

To say we sued him faster than you can say the word sue would be an understatement. We got a settlement of 5 million and everything seemed to be going good. I was cancer free and was now a millionaire and all it took was losing my hair, health and my ability to feel, literally. The chemo caused me to develop Arrhythmia and antisocial personality disorder which basically means I'm a sociopath.

Arrhythmia is irregular heartbeat, Your heart may beat too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular rhythm. After I stopped chemo, I wasn't feeling the same anymore and not in the way you'd think. I stopped feeling empathy and affection there's a part of me that became darker and the medical term for that is antisocial personality disorder. Remember when I said I didn't believe in curses well I bloody lied because not only was I cursed I was dead on the inside. Now that we know how my life got turned upside down and rampaged by a doctor who misdiagnosed me, let me tell you how Ezikiel Hozai thought he could change it.

'I'm heading out with the boys try not to die on the couch when I'm gone' my younger brother Luca says to me as I'm lying on the couch watching the reruns of friends.

'Hmm' I reply and he heads out the door this is a common practice for me after I graduated from Highschool 2 years later than I was supposed to. I stare at the tv screen forcing myself to focus on the actors, but my level of disinterest is overwhelmingly strong. I sit up with a sigh and walk to the kitchen for a glass of water then I hear the doorbell ring. I drag my feet walking towards the door and I open it.

'Hey I'm looking for Lenna' A tall boy with brown curly hair says looking a me and I blink at him.

'My gran said she has a package for her' he says and I raise a brow at him, he's taller than the door frame and lean built.

'If my parents named me Lenna I would shoot my right foot off then burn it' I say with a deadpan and he gives me a confused look.

'What?' he says and I sigh.

'Who's your gran?' I asked annoyed and he takes a step back looking at me.

'Cherry, she lives down the street' he says and I nod at him.

'It's layyan not Lenna and wait here' I say slamming the door and heading to the living room to fetch Cherry's homemade candle I ordered for her on amazon. I walk back to the door and open it to see him sitting on the steps with his back turned to me.

'Here you go and tell her she owes me 25 the shipping was a little more because I only ordered for her' I say to him and he grabs the box from me.

'Uh okay I'll let her know thanks' he says and I close the door without replying. I run a small business where I order of amazon for the senior citizens and charge them it's a really good business old people buy the weirdest stuff I swear. I head back to my living room and I notice I gave him the wrong box. I hurry to the door and open it to see he isn't anywhere in sight, I curse under my breath. I head back inside and shut the door I put on my sneakers and grab a coat then I grab the right box and head out the door. 

Cherry lives at the end of the street so the walk isn't that bad. I hate all seasons but the hate I have for winter is unmatched compared to the others. I walk slowly and my ass feels like it's going to fall off. I reach her front yard and deliberate whether or not I should throw a stone at her door so her grandson comes out to fetch her box but that seems a little uncultured. I walk up the stairs and ring her doorbell it only takes a few seconds for the door to open.