A Divine Role Reversal

He combed Her hair with a brush made of grass blades.

Then, He made three partitions and tied them together in a braid. He added beautiful jewellery to Her hair.

He decorated the braid with the most precious flowers of all kinds. And He tucked out a click of Her hair to frame Her face. Pearls, rubies and diamonds adorned Her head. He gently placed a tiara above Her crown, to commemorate His Queen.

He touched His own lips and His fingers were tinted with red colour. He added red blush to Her cheeks and tinted Her lips with His gentle fingertips.

He rubbed His fingers against His skin and acquired black kohl on His palm. He lined Her lotus eyes with kohl from His soft and precise fingertips.

He placed a fingertip on the rim of His own eyes and then added a black dot to Her chin to protect Her from all evil gaze.

She was dressed beautifully in silken clothes and precious gemstones. Her earrings looked like oysters with pearls and Her necklaces resembled the crystalline glaciers.

He put His arms around Her in an embrace and magically a Vaijayanti garland encircled Her neck. He held Her palms in His own and a lotus flower appeared in between Their hands.

He then placed the veil on Her head and smeared Her forehead with vermilion.

He sealed Her shringar with a kiss on Her forehead.

It was now Her turn to adorn Her Krishna. She thought of doing His favourite Panch Tatva Shringaar - which was done with the five elements of Nature.

There were innumerable glaciers and waterfalls in Goloka. And Radha chose a quiet, serene spot next to a waterfall which ended in a fountain just next to Her Lotus Feet. The waters from the fountain washed Her feet and touched Her in reverence.

She completed His Abhishekam and bathed Him with waters of the celestial Yamuna.

She decorated His jewellery with flowers and leaves from the grove of Tulsi plants.

She added the charm and sheen in His eyes from the ever blazing fire which formed the Sun and provided sunlight in Goloka.

She adorned His Lotus Feet with anklets which were made from precious stones and jewels found deep inside the Earth.

She gently placed His angavastram and robes over His shoulders, which gently flowed in the cool soft breeze. She circled Her hands around His head thrice to protect Him from the evil eye.

And She finally completed His shringaar by embracing Him and placing Her head on His chest, and thus adorning Him with the most important element - the Radha Tatva, the essence of Krishna Himself.

They were as indistinguishable as the Moon and the Moonlight, or the Earth and it's Fragrance, or the Clouds and the Rainshowers.

She was His Radha, and He was Her Krishna.

_____________________________________________

Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati came to Goloka to visit Them before They left for the Earth

"As Lord Vishnu, You have manifested Yourself as My brother. My blessings are always with You. A part of My powers shall also unite with Your avatar."

In accordance to Her boon, a spark of flame from Her forehead was emitted. And a similar spark arose from Shiva's arms.

The spark from Parvati turned into Kaali, who magically transformed into Krishna. And the spark from Shiva turned into Radha.

"I have always wanted to know what love feels to a man, and what it means to love as a man. So I transformed into the dark skinned, mischievous Krishna, who is beyond time, just like Kaali. And just like Kaali, He is pure and His vastness knows no bounds."

Chhaya Krishna took His place on the throne of Goloka, followed by Chhaya Radha, who sat next to Him.

Parvati continued, "And Our sweet, innocent Lord Bholenath, shall be the naive maiden and the Swamini of Goloka, Shree Radha. Like Shiva, who is as white as camphor and pure as fire, She is as light skinned as the colour of milk and pure and divine."

Chhaya Radha and Chhaya Krishna took the place of the real Radha and Krishna and promised to look after and rule Goloka until They returned from the Earth.

All of Goloka also manifested on the Earth in the form of Brajmandal, surrounded by the River Yamuna and Her tributaries.

Radha and Krishna looked at each other before They bid one final adieu.

He held Her hand tightly. But She slipped Her fingers gesturing Him to let Her go.

He let Her go because He knew that this was not the end, rather the beginning of Their transcendental pastimes and Their renowned love story.

For one final time, She turned around to look at Her Krishna.

And They were drawn into Their last loving embrace on the Goloka.

।। राधे राधे ।।
।। जय श्री राधेकृष्ण ।।