Chapter 13

I sighed

I sighed. It's the weekend right now but I finally get to start school back again on Monday. Usually, I hate school. Well, I hate and love it. I hate the work, the people, just the school system but I used to love that it was a place I could get away from the abuse.

Now, I hate being cooped up in an expensive mansion.

Wait-

I jolted up and winced a bit. The good thing is the bruising on my ribs is pretty much completely gone. Just a dull ache and the stitches have also became a dull ache. But it still hurt from time to time.

Okay, back to the task at hand.

Why the hell did I wake up in my bed? I'm positive I fell asleep in the movie room.

Did one of them take me up to my room?

My face drained of color. What if they saw the scars and faint bruising.

I took a deep breath and stood up. It is unlikely they did so I decided to just relax for a minute. By relaxing, that meant not wearing my normal clothes and only baggy stuff.

I was still in my clothes from yesterday, so I needed to desperately shower.

I yawned and headed into my closet where I picked out sweats, fluffy socks and an oversized sweatshirt.

After that, I locked my bathroom door and stripped of my clothes before hopping in the shower. The warm water felt good as it cascaded down my back and fell onto the tile floor to then be washed down the drain.

It didn't take me long to shower and I was quickly out and dressed, with my hair air drying.

Now, time to ask Alessandro what the hell happened last night since he was the only person in that movie room that I sort of trusted.

You may say that I'm overreacting, but this tiny action is actually a big thing for me. First off, I want to know who brought me up here last night and make sure they didn't see anything.

I left my room and went across the hall to Alessandro's. I knocked twice on the door and after waiting for a few seconds, I walked in. I didn't see Alessandro but the door to his bathroom then opened and out walked Lev, in just a towel hanging dangerously low around his hips and his hair dripping with water.

He looked up and noticed me to which I just cleared my throat and turned my back towards him. "Sorry," I said then walked out, shutting the door before I heard his response.

Well that was awkward.

I headed down the stairs and went into the kitchen where the rest of my brothers, besides Giovanni and my dad, with their friends were sitting and eating God knows what.

"Oh, hey Elara," Alessandro said, hopping off the stool he was on and heading over to me.

He slung his arm over my shoulders and I was about to shrug his arm off but decided to leave it. Just this once. They were fine last night so it's fine for right now.