Sick

Next Morning

Lily was running here and there with her friends in a candyland.  She was so happy and she saw her favorite candy running in a direction, she also started running behind it. She kept hearing her name being called but she kept ignoring it.

She woke up when sudden three swats landed on her butt. She opened her eyes and saw an angry Noah.
Noah:get up fast.
Lily:(sleepy voice) I don't want to go to school  today.
Noah:why?
Lily:I just don't want to go I am sleepy(sleepy voice)
Noah:You get sleepy alot these days. But you have participated in race remember ?
Lily:(wide eyes) oh my! Today is sports gala.
Noah:now arn t you sleepy?(raise an eyebrow)
Lily:I am but I will fresh up, I can't miss this ,I love sports, and I know I will win.
Noah:ok but if you feel sleepy in school then tell me ok?
Lily:Hmm ok.

Lily went to get ready and then went downstairs.

Lily:Good Morning!
Others:Good Morning!
Lily:what we have for breakfast?
Lace:sandwiches.
Lily:healthy sandwiches?
Lace:They have vegese but also  chicken and cheese.
Lily:(excited)oh that one, can I get them for school lunch as well?
Noah:(smiled)sure sweetie.

They had their breakfast and went to school.

It was sports gala so they had no classes. Lily was with her friends.
Soon it started.

Other hand Lace has only two classes and then they were free. He called Noah asking if he can go out with his friends, and Noah permitted him.

He went to the usual cafe with his friends.
Conner:that bastard even came here(whisper to Cobalt)
Cobalt:(whisper back)just pray there won't be any trouble.
Tibholt:what are you two whispering ?
Conner:nothing.
Lace:let's order..ring*ring*
Tibholt got a call from his mother.
Tibholt:boys! I have to go.
He left.
Cobalt:let's just go to gaming arcade.
Conner:Yes yes.
Lace:ok..ay.

They were about to leave the cafe but Herdik came there.
Herdik:(smirking)oh look losers are here.

They didn't said anything and continued walking but Herdik hold Conner's collar.

Conner:leave it Herdik.
Herdik:or what will you do?
Cobalt:leave him Herdik.
Herdik:no I won't.. what will...

And a punch landed on his face.
He gritted his teeth and punched Lace back soon it turned to a full flached fight.

All of them were fighting but when Conner saw that matter was going out of hand, he tried to stop them but no use.
Conner:Lace!Peter! Your brothers will kill you both what are you doing.

They weren't listening to him, so he called Noah having no other option.
Soon Noah came and stopped the fight. He was very angry yet calm.

Noah: You three also come I will drop you.

Lace was silent knowing he is in a big trouble.
Noah dropped them and then went to his house, he dropped Lace at home and went to school to pick Lily.

He parked the car and waited for Lily to come. Soon he saw her comming while wearing a medal. He smiled and ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead when she sat in car.
Noah:I knew my princess will win a medal.
Lily:(pout) I would have won 1st prize but my hair came all over my face and Kate took first place.
Noah:it's ok you are the best sweetheart. Second is also good.And I guess you should get a haircut, you have very long hair, and also your hair are quite damaged.
Lily:No!no no no no! I love my hair I don't want a haircut.
Noah:but..
Lily:No no buts.. you all said I am a princess but if you cut my hair then I will not be a princess.
Noah: We do not call you princess because of long hair, you will always be our princess no matter with long or short hair, and they are damaged then what's the point to keep them long.
Lily:no no ,I don't want a haircut.
Noah:You sounds sleepy.
Lily:Yes I am soo tired.
Noah:sleep for a while.
Lily:hmm....
She closed her eyes and Noah adjusted the seat for her to lay comfortably.

When they reached home Noah picked Lily and took her to her room.
He tuck her in and went to his room.

There was a knock on the door.
Lace peeked in, Noah signaled him to come in. He came inside.

Lace:I...umm..wanted..to know..my..umm..punishment.
Noah:which punishment?
Lace:I am sorry.
Noah:For what?
Lace:For fighting.
Noah:hmm ok.
Lace:han?
Noah:ok I accept the apology, you can go now.
Lace:(nervous and confused)should I not wait for you?(bite his lip)
Noah:No.
Lace:Please don't be upset Noah I am sorry.
Noah:I am not upset.
He started walking out.
Lace:where are you going?
Noah:I have important work.. I may come late. Have your dinner ok.
Lace:ok.

In evening
Lace was going to his room when he heard someone crying. He went to Lily's room and peeked in after knocking, he heard whimpers coming from inside the blanket. He immediately went towards her bed and slowly removed the blanket from her face.
Lace:(worried) hey! What happened?
Lily:(crying)it aches.
Lace:what?
Lily:my whole body aches.
Lace:(touched her forehead)you have fever. Shsh don't cry Lily...It will be fine hmm wait.

He went to Andrew's room as he was the only elder at home. He informed him and both went to Lily' s room. Andrew took thermometer and went towards her.

Lily:(crying)my head is aching soo much.
Andrew:shshsh it's ok doll it's fine it will be fine just open your mouth a bit.

He took her temperature which was high. He went and came back with water and cloth. He saw Lace messaging Lily's head.
Andrew:hey it's not good to massage during fever.
Lace:(worried)but her head is aching.
Andrew:it will be fine just don't massage her head.

Like this they did cold strips. Her fever just was not decreasing.

Andrew:(worried) Lace go call Noah.
Lace:ok
She was continuously crying because of head ache.

Lace called Noah.
On call
Noah:did she took medicine?
Lace:Yes.
Noah:ok I am comming if it didn't started to decrease till then I'll take her to hospital.
Lace:ok.

Lace told Andrew and they stayed with her till Noah come back. Liam and Joshoo also were back and then Noah came.  They told him there was no change so he took her in his arms and took her to car. Joshoo drove to hospital while Lily was in Noah's lap not ready to leave him. He was patting her back and caressing her hair.

When they reached hospital her fever was increased.

The docter checked her and scribbled on the paper.
Docter:I told you before as well that she needs a proper care. If her routine is not changed she will remain sick and she won't have proper growth. Your mother was not well when your sister was in her womb so it affected her as well and then her lifestyle just make it worse.  I will give you a proper chart once her fever is fine. For now I'll give her two injections and give her these medicines as for it to not increase more and bring her tommorrow as well.

Lily was in Noah's lap already so he hugged her tightly. The docter did his work and Lily was crying alot. They thanked the docter and went back. Joshoo again took the driver seat and Noah sat with Lily on his lap in back seat again. He was rubbing her injected spots and trying to calm her down. The time they reached home she was almost asleep, Noah took her to her room and made her have her medicine, and then patted her head as she drifted to sleep.
Noah asked Joshoo to check Lace and stayed with Lily that night.

Thanks for reading and English is not my mother tongue please ignore mistakes.