XLIII

Was this, was this a confession?

Confused and shocked, you stared at the piece of paper between your fingers.

Your heart was pounding, the drum pulsing in your ears. Suddenly, the air around you felt hot and suffocating. It was difficult to breathe, difficult to think.

Was he? Was he really confessing? Just like that? Or were you interpreting too much?

Maybe your brain and delusional feelings were playing tricks on you and you were just hoping that he was confessing. He could have just picked some flowers because they were pretty. Why should he put a second thought behind them?

Oh yeah, you definitely needed another drink now.

Stressed, you sighed and grabbed the bridge of your nose. This was weird now. What should you do? Should you text him? Call him? Ignore him? Move to another country and change identities so that he will never find you and that you will never have to confront him about it?

No, he would find you anyways somehow.

You opened the door slightly and peeked into the hallway. No sound, no movement. Just silence. Phuu, he wasn't there.

On tippy toes, you went into the kitchen and back as fast as you could, grabbing a wine bottle and a glass. Then you rushed back into your room and finally took a breath since you held it the entire time.

Relieved, you opened the door to the little porch towards the backyard of the school and a flash of warm summer air hit right against you. The sun had heated the dark wood panels of the porch and as you walked barefoot on them a comfortable feeling spread through your body.

Silently, you placed the bottle and glass on the floor. Since the dorms were connected with the porch, you could easily walk over to Gojo's side and peek into his room.

Maybe it was because you were already tipsy but this felt like some super secret mission.

Carefully, you looked into his room if he was there. His room was dark and looked empty. His room always looked empty as if none actually lived there since it was always neat and clean. Something you had never expected from him because he was the complete opposite of that.

As you made sure he wasn't there, you sat down on the porch and poured yourself a glass of wine. You didn't remember when it was the last time you drank. Occasionally yes, but not casually.

The red liquid ran down your throat and you inhaled. Today really left you with a mix of confusion and stress but still somehow enjoyment. You were glad that you finally found friends. Friends that cared about you. You cherished Shoko more than ever and really tried to keep her as a friend. She had told you about the other female sorcerer that you gonna meet at the dinner -Utahime and Mei Mei- and you were more than excited to maybe gain a few more friends.

But well, the rest stressed you out. Gojo stressed you out. His behavior, the kiss, your feelings, and especially the now confession. If it even was a confession.

Yeah, you liked him. You liked him a lot. But you didn't like the feeling that he gives you. You were scared because for so long you didn't want to feel at all.

This fuzzy feeling when he smiles at you and touches you and calls your name and teases you and takes care of you. Man, even when he makes fun of you, there was this feeling that made your heart clench and flutter.