Chapter 10: Marks

Start from the beginning

What was the use of a romantic relationship if it was only good at hurting me? Fucking my head and my mind?

Was I really his girlfriend?

I buried my face in my hands, and more tears fell.

My phone kept ringing, and it was him calling me. I turned my phone off and slammed myself
into the mattress of the bed.

It was getting sick to argue with him, and he was only nice to me when he wanted to fuck me.

Fuck him!

___

          I worked backstage in the BTS makeup room. It was for an AAA award event.

It was supposed to be a good day, as I had been waiting for this day to come. But my fight with Taehyung had ruined my mood, even at this moment.

I stood beside Seohyun Unnie, watching how she did makeup for Jimin. She was so smooth.
and quick. I was jealous of her skill.

Taehyung was in the same room with me, but the room was busy with many staff members, making it difficult for us to have some conversations.

I noticed he took a look at me sometimes, but I did not want to make it up with him.

I just stared at Jimin and pretended to learn the makeup, even though my mind was filled with heartbreak.

As I felt my heart already lost in the deep sea, I excused myself to the toilet.

I washed my face at the sink and dried it. I studied my face in the mirror above the sink.

"Smile, smile. Don't let this drag you down. I have to work!", I cheered myself up.

But my shoulder still appeared like I was shouldering a thousand tons of burden. Sadness and disappointment crossed my face like clouds across the sun.

I walked back to the makeup room.

In my way, I saw Taehyung with some girls. I did know them, but they seemed to be idols too.

Our eyes met, and he broke away.

He put his hand around the waist of the girl who stood beside him. The girl looked quite startled, and she glanced up at him.

They giggled.

What the hell did he try to prove?

I quickly lowered my head and walked past them to the makeup room.

He broke my heart again!

I was too stupid to keep glueing my shattered heart for him, and he just kept breaking it again.

There's nothing to mend anymore.

My heart would never break for him again. This was going to be the last time!

And I just realized that the relationship we had was toxic.

He hurt me, and maybe I could not understand him.

We were not meant to be together. I did not want to continue this relationship anymore. It was nonsense!

Dating a man like him? What did I expect? He was no good from the beginning!

Tears formed in my eyes, but I tried so hard to hold back my tears by digging my palm with my nails and biting my lips.

There are many staff members here, and I did not want to cry in front of them.

"Y/n? What happened? Why do you look sad?".

I glanced up, and it was Namjoon.

I quickly shook my head and faked a smile, saying, "Nothing".

"Lie. I know you very well. Is that Taehyung who hurts you?".

I snapped, shocked at his question. "Do you know about it?"

"About what?" I asked him and waited for my response, but I just looked at him wordlessly.

"I know you date him", said Namjoon again, stopping to beat around the bush.
Again, another shock to me.

"So, is it true he hurts you now?"

I shook my head vigorously. I denied his claim, even though it was true.

"Then, what happened?"

I sighed out and then looked at him in the eyes.

At least I should tell him one thing that really hurt me too. "I took an online quiz yesterday, and I got a really bad mark. I was kind of upset because, you know, I've tried my best", I confessed.

"It is okay, y/n. Just let the past go. You can do better in the future. Focus on what is coming.
You can cover it. I believe in you. It's just like a game. We lose, but we can still fight. Even if the
The game is over, we can start again and again", he said softly and comfortingly to me as he patted my hair down my back.

Tears finally escaped from my eyes. He was way too comforting for me.

I quickly wiped away my tears and giggled. "Aw, Namjoon. You're really nice. Thank you"

"Ah, no need to mention We're friends," he said.

Then my face turned serious. "Namjoon-ah".

"Um?".

I was determined to end my relationship with Taehyung. And I would never be healed if I had to see him every day.

I always melted for him when he spoke or when he persuaded me.

I would always go back to him in the end.

The only way to really end this relationship was...

"I want to quit my job".

***