Chapter 11

Sophie's POV

It was the the last scene of the play, Fitz and I danced around the stage and once the music ended, Fitz dipped me, brought me back up again, and kissed me. I was kissing Fitz Vacker, my crush. My heart raced and I felt like I was dancing on clouds. Kissing Fitz was amazing, his lips were so soft and I felt like it was only use, even though we were being stared at by a big crowd of so many people. 

The audience erupted with clapping as the curtains closed in on us. We soon broke apart and everyone started crowding the stage and we all held hands as the curtains opened again, revealing the audience. Everyone bowed and flowers were thrown on stage. Everyone quickly grabbed them before they were gone. I had gotten a small bouquet and once again the curtains closed again.

Everyone spread congratulations to others, giving high fives, hugs, and others went to change. Including me. Once I put the costume on the rack all of my friends surrounded. 

"Sophie, you did amazing!" 

"Thanks Biana, you did amazing as well," she smiled. 

"Thank you." I then saw my parents, Linh, Tam, and Dex walk up to me.

"Sweetheart you did amazing! You to Biana. You both did wonderful," Edaline said, handing us flowers. 

"Thanks mom," Linh gave me hug. 

"I loved it! You all did so good!" Linh complimented. 

"Thank you. And Dex you did amazing too, you might be backstage but you still put in a lot of hardwork," Dex's cheeks turned red. 

"Thanks Sophie." After a bit of talking and more people handing out flowers, everyone started leaving. 

"Hey Sophie, do you think I could sleepover at your house?" Linh asked. Grady and Edaline heard the request and nodded. 

"Yeah sure, we have a spare toothbrush and you can use one of my pajamas," Linh smiled and we soon headed out the school and home. 

Once we arrived Linh and I went upstairs to my room. 

"So... you and Fitz finally kissed!" Linh said. "What did he say afterwards?" 

"He didn't say anything. Was he supposed to?" She aggressively nodded her head. 

"Yes! Ugh I can't believe he didn't. Boys, they always expect you to make the first move," she rolled her eyes.

"I don't understand why he should've said something, it's not like he likes me or anything?" Linh threw her hands up and sighed. 

"Sophieeeeee! You oblivious being. Why can't you see the facts? Fitz likes you. When I told them they weren't coming, the director had announced that Stina was playing your role and Fitz didn't like that at all, and why would that be? Because he LIKES you." 

"He did?" Linh once again nodded her head. 

"Yup, if he didn't say anything today, I'm sure he's going to say something tomorrow. I'm sure he was just a coward to tell you he likes you." 

"And you're sure about this?" I ask. 

"Very sure. Fitz is crushing on you, hard. I can't believe you don't see it," Linh said. 

"It's just hard to believe, I'm just a geek who's caught up in all her studies, and walks in Fitz, the popular hot guy at school, every girls crushing on. How could he possibly fall for someone like me?" 

"You know what they say, opposites attract," I slowly nod. 

"Yeah, maybe." 

~

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter was a little short. But don't get your hopes up, Sophitz will happen. More than likely in the next chapter! Anyways, thank you all for the votes, reads, and comments! I'll see you all in the next chapter! Byeeeee!