🦋Chapter 40🖤

Start from the beginning

Walking to my room I see his driver having a conversation with a maid in the living room which left me curious so I walk up to them to find out what was going on.

"Oh, good evening ma'am" the driver said as I responded to him asking what's going on, he hesitated not wanting to tell me but I kept on insisting before he handed me an envelope saying it was a message for Aliyu.

I collected it and dismissed them both walking back to Aliyu's room to deliver whatever was inside the envelope, this envelope did make me curious but I have no right to open someone else's message.

I knock before going in and turning on the lights as he looked at me with that same look of earlier on his face, judging by it, it's clear I was disturbing him.

"You have a message" I say after letting an annoyed sigh showing him the envelope as I noticed how he immediately got up seeing it.

I gave him a confused look as I walked over to hand it to him, he quickly grabbed it from my hand tearing it open, I don't know whatever this was but it made me curious especially the way he was reading the letter in it.

I watched him till he was done and I noticed the look he gave me,

"What happened?" I asked as he shook his head, it's clear he was hiding something, what was in that letter is what I wanted to know.

"I'm leaving" I said as he quickly nodded when I pretended to turn but quickly went back to grab the letter running into his bathroom locking the door shut so I could read whatever was inside, this man is full of secrets and I know he'll never tell me what's in the letter so this was the only way to find it.

"Open the door, Maryam this isn't funny" he said banging the door as I released a sigh walking away from the door to the bathtub to sit so I could pay my full attention to what was written.

"Assalamualaikum dear husband, this is Alayna, your lovely wife, I have no idea why you kept ignoring my calls and text messages but I have something important to tell you and I'm sure it'll make you excited. I'm 4 months pregnant with our first baby which means our divorce is automatically cancelled, I'm coming home by Friday and you'll have to fulfill your duties to me as your wife and the mother of your child, I missed you so much and I'm sure you missed us as well, I have lots of things to tell you but I'll do that when I'm home on Friday, please take care of yourself for me, your lovely wife, Alayna"

What the hell is this, what the hell I'm I reading, his married and expecting a child, what's going on.

"Open the damn door Maryam" he yelled as I opened it, I handed him his letter walking out of the room without looking at his face, whether his angry or sad I have no idea, all I knew is that I wanted to be alone.

So all this while I was the second wife, I never imagined being a man's second wife especially with the fact that I don't at all embrace polygamy. What did I expect anyways, I got married to a stranger now no matter what, this man must divorce me, I have to leave this marriage no matter what.

So all this while he had a wife and he kept flirting with me, I even let him kiss me, oh my goodness I feel so disgusted at myself, how could I let another woman's man touch me and the way he kept acting all loving and pitiful, God I hate him so much.

"Maryam" I heard him call me as I ignored walking as fast as my legs could carry me to my room.

"Listen to me" he yelled still walking behind me as I ignored walking even faster