121

**Flashback**

The morning after I had left the UK to go back to California my phone was blowing up like crazy, the screen read 9:15 it was still early considering I had just gotten home from a long flight last night. I scrolled through my notifications to see at least 100 messages from 20 different people. Most of them read "I'm so sorry babe hope your okay" , "if you need anything just call me" , "sending you flowers today" , "your enough" and the list goes on.

I was genuinely confused as to why my friends were sending me such messages. I decided to open Twitter when I saw what saw going on, my reaction was normal at first, I put down my phone got up and washed my face before I got back into bed. I opened Twitter again to make sure that I wasn't just seeing things but my whole page was filled with photos and videos of Mason kissing that Sloan girl, I didn't recognize her at first but as I scrolled more it was obvious. Tears started to roll down my cheeks before I turned off my phone and started crying.

The more I cried the more rapid my breathing became, soon it became really hard to breath because I was laying down while crying. I sat up on my bed and slowly tried calming myself down.

I grabbed the remote from my beside table and turned on YouTube music. It was on shuffle.

I later changed it to sad Taylor Swift and Gracie Abrams songs to hurt myself more. I knew it was wrong but I never wanted to stop crying.

In that moment I wanted nothing more then to believe that what I had just seen was all a lie and that wasn't Mason, but it was and I hated myself more then I hated him for it, because I let myself get cheated on.

I stayed in bed till three in the afternoon when my pizza arrived. That was the only time I got out of bed to get my food.

The rest of my day was spent in my room crying, eating, and listening to sad songs.

I didn't open any texts even though I had well gotten over a 1000 by now. Declan had even texted me by saying how fucked up Mason's actions were but I ignored him.

My mom called me later that night and I guessed that she had seen the articles everywhere so I picked up. We talked and she listened to me cry for two hours on the phone until she finally hung up, she even offered to come out to LA to be with me but I told her that I needed to be alone.

My parents live in Texas but I grew up in Mexico.

I felt so numb the whole day and couldn't sleep at night so I ordered myself sushi.

I even pulled an all nighter to binge watch Gilmore Girls for the 20th time.

Mase had texted me numerous times but I didn't open any of his texts. I scrolled through a few of them from the notifications screen and they were all excuses of every guy who cheats on his girlfriend "I was drunk". I wanted to block him and unfollow him on all my socials buy I didn't, I don't know why I just didn't.

I couldn't

**end of flashback**

Me and sophia were sat on the couch in my living room eating ice cream. The TV was turned on for background noise.

"do you wanna talk about it" she finally spoke after what felt like an hour

I looked at her as tears started to form in my eyes. She put the ice cream bucket on the table and moved closer to pull me in for a hug. I stayed in her embrace for a few minutes before I pulled away and wiped my tears.

"I don't get it" my voice broke down "it seemed real"

"It was real" she whispered trying to comfort me but I just wish she didn't

"the  why did he" I stopped to look at her "why did he cheat"

I knew she didn't have the answer, none of us did but I just wanted to let everything out and I was letting it out on the poor girl in front of me.

She didn't reply

She just pulled me close while shw stroked my hair

"is there something wrong with me"

She lifted my head of her chest and put her hands on my shoulders

"there's nothing wrong with you" Sophia said in a serious tone "your perfect"

"your just saying that cuz we're friends" I hated myself for saying that

"Cory your not being fair" she took her hands of my shoulders "yes he cheated on you and  your hurt and I'm sorry but I'm trying to help you" she softly put my hair behind my ear "so please let me"

I felt like shit

I was being fair to Sophia. She flew out all the way to California just to take care of me and I was acting like a brat. Yes, I was hurt but I didn't have to take it out on her.

"I'm sorry" I said as I pulled her in for a hug, we stayed like that for a few minutes until my hands let go

"I'm just confused" I sighed "like I'm feeling twenty different emotions and feelings at the same time"

"I'm listening"

"at one point I feel like I wanna kill him for cheating on me and then I wanna hate myself because I let myself get cheated on" I didn't know what I was saying I just knew that I had to get it off my chest "yesterday day I felt so numb and today I feel jeleous"

"I get why you feel numb but why would you be jeleous, your perfect"

"that's the thing 'she's' perfect, blonde hair, colored eyes, perfect body, strong character how can a person not be jeleous" I sighed

I was never the insecure type when I was in relationships but this girl made me feel like I was worthless

"I'm not gonna disagree with you but a pretty person wouldn't but themselves in that position she knew he had a girlfriend and still decided to kiss me so it puts the both of them in the wrong but you still need to here him out"

I was about to disagree before she continued

"I don't agree with what he did nor do I support him, but whenever your ready talk to him" she got up from the couch and offered me her hand "we don't know what happened exactly other then what we was on the media but if you want to know the truth then talk to him or at least let him explain"

I took her and got up

"don't say anything now, think about it first then talk to me but now let's go get some fresh air"

I didn't want to leave the house but I was too tired to argue with her so I just agreed and we left