Chapter 16: Zeus

I was sitting at my desk when Mina walked in, a smile ghosting her lips. She cleared her throat.

          I pushed the papers to the side, clasping my hands together on my desk. "What can I do for you, Mina."

          She glanced behind her, but I didn't see anything when I followed her gaze. When she looked at me, she looked a bit more tense.

          "Mrs. Tolliver, you have a visitor," she said quietly.

          I waited patiently, but she didn't say anything. Growing a bit irritated, I sighed. "Would you like to tell me who it is? Or at least send them in."

          I watched her swallow. "From what I know, I didn't know if you would want her in your office."

          Her? Hera! My whole body tensed and relaxed at the same time. How does that even happen?

          She hasn't spoken to me since the incent in her office. I expected her to, seeing as we need to do what Panacea said. But she's ignored me. We have a session coming up in two days. Two. The only thing I've eaten with her... is her.

          I thought about contacting her first, but I kept second-guessing myself.

          I ate her out on her desk and stole her underwear. What the fuck could I say that wouldn't come out awkward and tense.

          I looked behind Mina, expecting Hera to come waltzing into my office angrily. Mayne tells me off. Cuss me out for what I did. But no.

          I heard a loud groan. Not Hera's groan. I've heard it enough to know it in a room full of people.

          Mina's entire body tensed when Aphrodite walked in.

          This can't be good.

          I stood up and walked around my desk, pushing my sleeves up before folding my arms over my chest. "Zeus! It's been a minute."

          I leaned against my desk. I looked over at Mina. "You can leave us. Thank you, Mina." I say softly. I've put that girl in a lot of strange positions. I need to give her a raise or paid time off. Maybe both.

          She looked between Aphrodite and me. "Okay, I'm out here if you need me."

          I nodded at her. When she left, I turned my attention to Aphrodite, who was moving to sit in the chair in front of my desk, which was closer to where I was standing than I'd like. I scooted over, still leaning on my desk.

           "What are you doing here, Aphrodite?"

           She blew out a breath. "I got bored at home. They didn't need me on set today, so I thought I'd come to see my good old friend." She smiled.

          I narrowed my eyes at her. "You came to hang out? In my office?"

          She tilted her head, looking up at me. "No, I came here to get you so that we can hang out. I thought about calling you, but I didn't really want to. So here I am."

           "I can't today. Hades is on my ass about one of my authors who apparently just went on a bender, and we haven't been able to find them, so we don't have access to their new book documents." I ran my fingers over my temples. "I just have a lot going on."

          That fucking author was why I was late to the last therapy session.

          "Okay, then what about tomorrow?" She waited for me to respond.