Sixteen: Breaking the Seams

Zavok rolled the final barrel of dynamite to the already formed dynamite pile, complete with Shadow and Silver on the top. Both were strapped to another dynamite barrel, and this was all happening in front of the governor's palace. "And that's the last barrel!" Zavok exclaimed to Zeena, who smiled at him. "Good work Zavok. This should be enough to send the hedgehogs exploding into oblivion," she said with a smile.

"Just you wait until Sonic saves us! Then you'll be sorry!" Shadow exclaimed from his prison. He couldn't even chaos control them out nor summon a chaos spear to break the ropes open. Silver couldn't just levitate them out either. Sonic was their only hope at this point. Zeena tsked to herself as he walked up to the hedgehogs. "This is it boys. Things are not looking well for you," Zeena teased. That didn't even amuse the two hedgehogs at all. "Oh, and I'm keeping the bear," she then added, holding Silver's stuffed bear out.

This made him freak out. "What?! NO! You can't do that that's mine!" Silver exclaimed in terror. "Forget it Silver. We're stuck here," Shadow then said with a sigh. Zeena then chuckled. "What's so funny lady?" Shadow snarled. "Oh nothing. It's mostly over, you know..." she hesitated, and then said, "Sonic.", with a whisper and crazed look. His name gave Shadow and Silver hope, but with how Zeena said it, they still had their downs.

------------------

The blue hedgehog Sonic stormed across the town of Spagonia, his footsteps shaking the entire city in some places. Just hold on you two! I'm coming! Sonic thought in a determined manner as he ran/walked. He knew for sure some people would be staring at him, since it wasn't everyday you looked up and saw a 40-50 foot tall hedgehog running across the city. He kept his ears and eyes locked on his target, soon looking over and seeing the clocktower. It looked around his same size at the height he was at.

"Wow..." Sonic trailed in awe. It wasn't before he got stuck, causing him to loose his big moment. You've got to be joking right now... Sonic thought in shock as he looked down to see his waist in between two buildings. Grunting, Sonic began to pull himself out, trying his best to not topple again and fall onto some cars that only came up to his feet. He was able to get himself out, but he stepped on a car by mistake. He heard its alarm go off as Sonic quickly walked by it, ignoring the sound.

------------------

Zeena grabbed the fuse and had a lighter in her hand as Zavok stood next to her. Flicking the lighter on, she lit the fuse and dropped it on the ground. She then began to tease Shadow and Silver again. "Bye bye boys, say bye bye Silver!" she teased as she held Silver's bear in front of him as she and Zavok ran off to a hiding spot. The two hedgehogs watched the now lit fuse shorten itself. "Come on Sonic hurry up!" Shadow complained in worriment.

------------------

Sonic continued his decent through the city, now having to push himself out of tight spaces. He was so used to being below the buildings and looking up at them, not being above them to the point he would get stuck in between them. He managed though, also looking down to see if he was gonna step on anything. That was when he heard the sound of fire, causing him to stop deadfirst in the middle of a busy road. A fuse was getting sat off. Silver and Shadow! Sonic thought in terror. He continued heading in the direction he was in, hoping that he wasn't too late.

------------------

Zeena and Zavok both laughed as they hid behind a building and closed their earholes, ready to hear Shadow and Silver go boom. The fuse was about to reach the dynamite trail, and just before the two hedgehogs could freak out, they heard Sonic's voice say: "Hey Shadow! Silver! Did you guys miss me?" Both turned to see Sonic heading towards them, his body towering over the two hedgehogs as he picked up the dynamite barrel.