Eight: Gearing Up for the Mission

After leaving the private treasury, Sonic couldn't help but think about those relics that Zeena and Zavok had stolen. They had really peaked his interest, but he didn't know how to describe them. Before Sonic could ask anything, Zeena led them to another room, and when the doors opened, Sonic was speechless by what he saw. "Woah. This is incredible!" he exclaimed. The three had stepped foot in Zavok's workshop, and it was amazing. Weapons lined the walls, and even a huge glass window was shown, giving away great views of the city.

Shadow and Silver walked up to one of the shelves, mesmerizing the weapons that lined them. "These look so cool! I've never seen anything like them!" Silver exclaimed. Sonic looked back at Zeena, who said, "I've known Zavok for a very long time when I was starting my villain work. He was the guy I turned to for these weapons, machines, and even the mech stored in my dress." Sonic's eyes winded at that. "HE made your mech dress?!" the blue hedgehog exclaimed, making Zeena laugh. "Indeed so! He also repairs it too," she then said.

Sonic and Zeena continued to talk as Shadow exclaimed, "Hey Silver! Check this thing out! I wonder what it does!" Silver joined the black hedgehog, seeing that he was standing in front of a rounded machine with a ton of wires hooked from its top. It was a bright maroon in color, some patterns decorating the outside. Sonic eventually joined them, but looked at the machine from afar. It was super impressive, but he wondered what it did.

"So, I see you've discovered my secret weapon," Zavok said from above, a coffee cup in his hand. He held a stirring stick in his other hand, which was a robotic arm. "'Secret'?" Sonic asked in confusion as he, Shadow, and Silver all faced Zavok, who explained the secrecy of the machine: "Well, you see, when it's finished, it will go from being my secret weapon to my ultimate weapon. As of now, it's experiencing some technical difficulties due to the energy its being powered by, so don't touch or go near it until its finished ok?"

The hedgehogs all agreed, but Sonic kept looking at the secret weapon. Zavok said it was being powered by some kind of energy, and the patterns painted on the machine's maroon surface questioned him even more. "Zavok, may I ask what kind of energy you're using to power it?" Sonic asked, his curiosity striking. Chuckling, Zavok then said, "It's being powered by Dark Gaia energy, the second most powerful energy source under Chaos energy. I've been researching the energy for a long time now, hoping to harness its power through my secret weapon."

Dark Gaia energy huh? I wonder why he would want to use that "secret" weapon to harness it, Sonic thought, rubbing his chin. He wanted to question more about it, and what Dark Gaia energy could do, but he decided to wait and ask later. "So you're here for gear," Zavok then said, getting to the point. He finished his cup of coffee and used his robotic hand to grab onto the railing and lower himself down to the three hedgehogs. When he landed, the robotic arm retreated.

"Silver. Silbert. Silvey my boy," Zavok started as he pointed at Silver, who said, "Yep. That's my name!" in an excited way. "You get control over my stretch suit," Zavok then said, stretching the robotic arm again. He took it off and handed it to Silver, who thanked him. Zavok also told Silver that the suit would shrink to fit Silver's arm fully, so he didn't have to worry. "Next, we have Sonic. The Sonk. Fastest thing alive," the zeti said, turning to Sonic. He smirked in response, liking that last line. "Oh hoho that's my title and don't wear it out!" Sonic exclaimed, making Shadow roll his eyes.

Zavok began to fill a gun with boiling hot lava. "You get to use my lava gun. This baby shoots actual lava!" he exclaimed, handing the gun to Sonic. "Woah. Incredible!" Sonic exclaimed. Zavok told Sonic that the glass part got hot really easily, and the blue hedgehog took that to precaution. With the cool weapons Silver and Sonic got, Shadow surely had to get something cool. "And finally, there's Shads. Shadow. The Ultimate Lifeform," Zavok finally said to Shadow, saying his name in a dramatic way. Shadow smirked at his title and said, "I am indeed the world's ultimate lifeform."