Nine: Steal the Treasure!

The next morning, the hedgehogs got ready for their first big mission to steal the governor's crown from the Spagonia University. Once they were weaponed and dressed up and ready to go, they left Zeena's castle and headed off to the university. It was only a few minutes walk(or run in Sonic's case)to the university, and Sonic had to hide his lava gun to prevent any lava from spewing out of it. In fact, Shadow and Silver had to do the same with their weapons.

The three grabbed a quick bite of something before the trio arrived at the university undetected. When they entered the main hall, Sonic was already impressed by how vast the university was. "This is it? It's so...beautiful..." Shadow trailed in awe and wonder. Silver couldn't of have said better as the trio walked through the university after leaving its doors.

They got a glimpse of many things: a food court and dinning hall, some spare labs, and even classrooms of every kind. The hedgehogs took it all in as they also focused on their mission on finding and stealing the crown. They passed by one room that made Sonic's ears twitch. He opened the door and peered through it, Shadow and Silver doing the same. "It's Professor Pickle," Sonic said softly to avoid trouble.

Professor Pickle was there in the room, teaching a history lesson to the class. Sonic wanted to stay and hear his voice for hours, but they had a mission, and that was to steal the crown. There was no turning back now. Zeena had to be impressed. Sonic closed the door as the hedgehogs arrived at a restricted section in the back of the university. When no one was looking, they sneaked into the room, giving them the perfect chance to get their weapons out.

"That was TOO easy," Sonic said with a smile, yet he knew what was ahead. "Too easy indeed," Shadow replied as he placed his hypnohat on his head. Silver got his stretch suit on easily, and he was glad to see that it wasn't going out of control like the first time he put it on. The three were then stopped by a trio of guards who held their spears at the three. "Hey! What are you guys doing here? Hands in the air, now!" one of them exclaimed.

Sonic and Silver were about to do just that, but Shadow stepped out of the way and said, "I got this." He activated the hypnohat and began to chant at the guards, who were now getting worried and confused at the same time. "You shall now be a part of a hard rock band. Sing the most random song that comes to your mind," Shadow then said as more beams shot from his hat and onto the guards.

The guards were successfully hypnotized, for they began singing a hard rock song, Shadow also singing it in advance. Silver was dancing along to the beat, Sonic standing there in shock. That thing actually worked, Sonic thought in surprise. When Shadow was done singing and dancing, he told Sonic and Silver to come on. Their prize awaited them. Afterwards, they followed Shadow up the massive flight of stairs that led to the top vault, where the crown was stored.

"I'm never climbing that many stairs again," Silver sighed, out of breath. Shadow agreed with him, for he too was worn out. Sonic then had his lava gun in hand as he said, "Step aside, lava gun hedgehog coming through!" He aimed the gun at the door and pulled the trigger, boiling hot lava spewing from the gun and onto the door. When the lava cleared from the burnt door, they happened to see their prize. The governor of Spagonia's crown. It really was just as beautiful as Zeena described it.

Shadow and Silver walked up to Sonic's side as he smiled. "Boys...we've hit the jackpot," the blue hedgehog said as he put his gun up. "Come on!" he exclaimed again as the three went through the burnt hole. The three stared at the crown in all of its glory, and now was the time to strike. Sure enough, more guards surrounded the three. "I don't think I can hypnotize all of these guys," Shadow said with a gulp. "Well, we fight!" Silver exclaimed.

A battle erupted in the vault. Shadow, Silver, and Sonic all took out different sets of guards. Sonic spin dashed, Silver levitated, and Shadow chaos speared and kicked. When the battle ended, they didn't see the crown leave the vault and go into a small tunnel. Sonic gasped as the three hedgehogs jumped through the roof of the hole and onto the top of the crown. "Silver! Your suit!" Sonic exclaimed as one of the hands on Silver's suit became a mini sawblade.