36. parasomnia

GROWING PAINS

chapter thirty-six; parasomnia
[ season five - episode two ]

chapter thirty-six; parasomnia[ season five - episode two ]

Noelle Blake found herself standing in Sheriff Stilinski's office, dragged her once again by his son, her best friend, who was determined to blab to someone about Theo Raeken and how since his unexpected arrival in town last night, he couldn't help but feel suspicious of the wolf. To start with, it had just been Noelle, he ranted and raved to her all morning before realizing his mistake, that she would remain unbiased, for the sake of Scott. She would choose his side, the side where people wouldn't be mistrusted until there was a reason to mistrust them. Stiles didn't do that. If he had a bad feeling, he would follow that bad feeling.

The blonde did have her suspicions too, but for now, she wouldn't admit that to him. Theo had been back as little as a day, and already the boy was driving himself insane. If someone agreed with him, he would only become worse. Until she knew more until she dug deeper into why he was back for herself, she would act as unbiased as Scott would in this situation. Even if it would take every fiber of her being not to blab in the same way Stiles was.

Instead, she would leave his father to listen to his rambling. As he did so, Noah was completely uninterested, he didn't care about what insane theory his son had come up with when he slept, he had listened to them for years. All he wanted was for them both to get out of his office and go to school, actually participating in their senior year. He even tried to use Noelle to plead his case, pointing out that she had missed two years already, that he was making her miss a third with all of his nonsense.

He remembered how Theo had left, his older sister had gotten into an accident when he was just eight, a year or so before he actually left Beacon Hills. He wasn't sure if that related to his return, but if felt worthy of mentioning. Before he could continue any further, Noah stopped him with a raised hand, begging him again to go to school, hoping that a pleading look to the blonde would make her help him out. Noelle tried her best, using the same excuse that Noah did, she'd missed so many first days already, she didn't want to miss another. Even when she began dragging him, the boy wouldn't stop.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf."

"Your best friend is a werewolf." Noah reminded him. "The girl beside you can control elements. You're dating a were-coyote. And I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

"What did you do?" Stiles asked as he pointed at his father who furrowed a brow, asking what he meant. "There's something different about you." He insisted as he began sniffing his father while Kinsey mumbled out how she was supposed to be the animal in this relationship. "What is that? Are you wearing aftershave? What did you do?" Stiles turned back to the blonde, now placing it on her, his father wouldn't just begin wearing aftershave, not unless someone suggested it, like a girl who was regularly around their house, someone his father would trust to help him with that kind of thing. Noelle held her hands up in surrender, swearing that she had nothing to do with it, even though it was a complete lie and it was in fact all her fault.